|New Testament manuscript
|Now at||Bodleian Library|
|Size||16.3 cm by 12 cm|
Minuscule 54 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 445 (Von Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment leaves. It is dated by a colophon to the year 1337 or 1338. It has complex contents and marginalia.
The text was broken up into paragraphs, beginning with red capital letters. The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, with their τιτλοι (titles) at the top of the pages. There is also a division according to the smaller Ammonian Sections, but no references to the Eusebian Canons.
It contains synaxaria, Menologion, Eusebian Canon tables at the beginning, tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) before each Gospel, lectionary markings at the margin (for liturgical use), pictures, and subscriptions at the end of the Gospels.
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Hermann von Soden classified it to the Textual family Kx. Aland placed it in Category V. According to the Claremont Profile Method it has mixed Byzantine text in Luke 1 and Luke 10; in Luke 20 it represents Kx. It is related to the Π.
The manuscript was written by Theodosius. In 1636 William Laud presented the manuscript to the Bodleian Library. It was examined by Mill (Selden 2) and Bentley. Bentley used it as codex κ. C. R. Gregory saw it in 1883.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 50.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 49.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 2014-10-22.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testamentes. 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 141.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament. 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 198.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 54. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.