Minute by Minute
|Minute by Minute|
|Studio album by The Doobie Brothers|
|Released||December 1, 1978|
|Studio||Warner Bros. Recording Studios, North Hollywood, California and Sunset Sound, Los Angeles (mixing)|
|The Doobie Brothers chronology|
|Singles from Minute by Minute|
Problems playing this file? See media help.
Minute by Minute is the eighth studio album by American rock band The Doobie Brothers, released in 1978. The album contains their biggest hit, the Grammy-winning "What a Fool Believes," which was co-written by Kenny Loggins and simultaneously released on his 1978 album Nightwatch. "Depending on You" and the title track were also released as singles. The album would be the last to include members Jeff "Skunk" Baxter and John Hartman. It is also the most-honored Doobie Brothers album, having won four Grammys at the 22nd Grammy Awards, more than any other album.
|1.||"Here to Love You"||Michael McDonald||Michael McDonald||3:58|
|2.||"What a Fool Believes"||McDonald||3:41|
|3.||"Minute by Minute"||McDonald||3:26|
|4.||"Dependin' on You"||Patrick Simmons||3:44|
|5.||"Don't Stop to Watch the Wheels"||Simmons||3:26|
|6.||"Open Your Eyes"||McDonald||3:18|
|8.||"Steamer Lane Breakdown"||Simmons||instrumental||3:24|
|9.||"You Never Change"||Simmons||McDonald, Simmons||3:26|
|10.||"How Do the Fools Survive?"||McDonald||5:12|
The Doobie Brothers
- Patrick Simmons – lead and rhythm guitars, lead and backing vocals
- John Hartman – drums
- Tiran Porter – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Keith Knudsen – drums, backing vocals
- Jeff "Skunk" Baxter – lead and rhythm guitars
- Michael McDonald – keyboards, lead and backing vocals
- Bobby LaKind – congas, backing vocals
- Tom Johnston – backing vocals on "Don't Stop to Watch the Wheels"
- Nicolette Larson – backing vocals on "Sweet Feelin'" and "Dependin' on You"
- Rosemary Butler – backing vocals on "Here to Love You" and "Dependin' on You"
- Norton Buffalo – harmonica on "Steamer Lane Breakdown"
- Herb Pederson – banjo on "Steamer Lane Breakdown"
- Byron Berline – fiddle on "Steamer Lane Breakdown"
- Lester Abrams – electric piano on "How Do the Fools Survive"
- Bill Payne – synthesizer (with Michael McDonald) on "What a Fool Believes" and "Minute by Minute"
- Andrew Love – saxophone
- Ben Cauley – trumpet
- Producer – Ted Templeman
- Production Coordination – Beth Naranjo
- Engineer – Donn Landee
- Additional Engineer – Loyd Clifft
- Cover Design and Coordinator – Bruce Steinberg
- Photography – David Alexander
- Management – Bruce Cohn
|1979||Billboard Pop Albums||1|
|1979||"Dependin' on You"||Billboard Pop Singles||25|
|1979||"Minute by Minute"||Billboard Black Singles||74|
|1979||"Minute by Minute"||Billboard Pop Singles||14|
|1979||"What a Fool Believes"||Billboard Black Singles||72|
|1979||"What a Fool Believes"||Billboard Club Play Singles||40|
|1979||"What a Fool Believes"||Pop Singles||1|