Minxin Pei (Chinese: 裴敏欣; pinyin: Péi Mǐnxīn) is an expert on governance in the People's Republic of China, U.S.-Asia relations, and democratization in developing nations. He currently serves as the director of the Keck Center for International and Strategic Studies at Claremont McKenna College and is a non-resident senior fellow with the Asia program at the German Marshall Fund of the United States. He was formerly a senior associate with the Asia Program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Pei earned his bachelor's degree in English from the Shanghai International Studies University, and a master's degree and PhD in Political Science from Harvard University. In addition, he holds an M.F.A. from the University of Pittsburgh. He is a Tom and Margot Pritzker '72 Professor of Government and George R. Roberts Fellow and Director of the Keck Center for International and Strategic Studies.
Pei has been a contributor to a number of periodicals, including China Quarterly, New York Times, Foreign Policy, China Today, The Diplomat, and Foreign Affairs, and a frequent guest commentator on CNN, and National Public Radio, among others.
Following is a partial list of publications:
- From Reform to Revolution: The Demise of Communism in China and the Soviet Union (Harvard University Press, 1994)
- China’s Trapped Transition: The Limits of Developmental Autocracy (Harvard University Press, 2006)
- The Color of China (The National Interest, March 2009)
- My Trip to Asia (Claremont Book Review, October 2011)
Articles in edited books:
- When Illusion Meets Reality: The Evolving Relationship Between China and Europe, in: Robertson-von Trotha, Caroline Y. (ed.): Europe: Insights from the Outside (= Kulturwissenschaft interdisziplinär/Interdisciplinary Studies on Culture and Society, Vol. 5), Nomos, Baden-Baden 2011
- Claremont McKenna College, Faculty: Minxin Pei, retrieved 8 December 2011.
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Experts: Minxin Pei, retrieved 8 December 2011.
- Crony capitalism
- The Diplomat, Author: Minxin Pei, retrieved 8 December 2011.
- Foreign Affairs, Authors > Minxin Pei, retrieved 8 December 2011
- "Intellectuals". Prospect magazine. 2009. Retrieved 19 February 2010.
|This biography of a political scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|