||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Born in Romania, she arrived in France in 1962 from Bucharest. Her PhD thesis - of which the whole content had been elaborated beforehand in Bucharest and sent to Louis de Broglie - contains the first and very elaborated invalidation of von Neumann's famous proof asserting the impossibility of hidden parameters compatible with the quantum mechanical formalism. This work was published in a volume prefaced by Louis de Broglie and published in the collection "Les grands problèmes des sciences", Gauthiers Villars, Paris, 1964.Since that time, a professor of theoretical physics in France
- • The mentioned invalidation has been incorporated to a Ph.D. thesis directed by Louis de Broglie and published by Gauthier Villars in 1964 (two years before Bell’s invalidation), in a small book prefaced by Louis de Broglie, titled Étude du caractère complet de la théorie quantique.
- • She has invalidated the proof of Wigner’s theorem on the impossibility of a joint probability of position and momentum compatible with the formalism of quantum mechanics (The quantum mechanical one-system formalism, joint probabilities and locality, in Quantum Mechanics a half Century Later, J. L. Lopes and M. Paty, eds., Reidel, pp. 107-146, 1977 ; Study of Wigner’s Theorem on Joint Probabilities, Found. Phys., Vol. 9, pp. 389-404, 1979).
- • She has constructed an opacity functional of a statistic, with respect to the acting probability law. This functional constitutes a mathematical unification between the theory of probabilities and Shannon’s theory of communication of information (Le concept nouveau de fonctionnelle d’opacité d’une statistique. Etude des relations entre la loi des grands nombres, l’entropie informationnelle et l’entropie statistique, Anns. de l’Inst. H. Poincaré, Section A, vol XXXII, no. 1, pp. 33-71, 1980; The Probabilistic-Informational Concept of an Opacity Functional, (en collab. Avec N. Hadjissavas), Kybernetes, pp.189-193, Vol. 11(3), 1982).
- • She has explicated the specific structure of the quantum mechanical probabilities and of the logic of the quantum mechanical events (of which she contested a lattice structure) (Toward a Factually induced Spacetime Quantum Logic, Found. of Phys., Vol. 22, No. 7, pp. 963-994, 1992; Quantum Probabilities, Komogorov probabilities, and Informational Probabilities, Int. J. of Theor. Phys., Vol. 33, No.1, pp. 53-90, 1994).
- • Since 1982 she has never stopped developing a Method of Relativized Conceptualization Objectivity and Descriptional Relativities, Foundations of Science 7, pp. 73-180, 2002 (; Quantum Mechanics versus a Method of Relativized Conceptualization, in Quantum Mechanics, Mathematics, Cognition and Action, Proposals for a Formalized Epistemology, M. Mugur-Schächter and Alwyn Van Der Merwe eds., Kluwer Academic, 2002, pp. 109-307; Sur le tissage des connaissances, Hermès Science Publishing – Lavoisier, 2006, 316 pages, that has now become a genuine scientific "formalized epistemology"). According to the editor of "Automates intelligents" Jean-Paul Baquiast, this work embodies «a revolution in the way of representing the processes by which we acquire knowledge, and consequently, in the way of representing “reality” (or the “object-entities-of knowledge”)».
According to the terms of Mugur-Schächter, this method is "a new discipline: a representation of the process of conceptualization rooted directly into the a-conceptual physical reality – far beneath languages – and the character of which is resolutely methodological and formalizing. The whole qualitative essence of the descriptions of microstates, wherefrom nowadays microphysics draws its remarkable powers, is incorporated in this method. Inside the framework of this method, the processes of conceptualization are represented by qualitative constructive algorithms, which exclude a priori any vagueness and illusory problems".
The method of Relativized Conceptualization (as it is best exposed in Sur le tissage des connaissance) leads to a unification between the MRC-(genetic and relativized) logic and the MRC concept of (genetic relativized) probabilities.
The method furthermore leads to an algorithm for constructing a relativized concept of a factual probability law (Mathematical Structures in Computer Science /June 2014 - Volume 24, Special Issue 03, Developments of the Concepts of Randomness, Statistic and Probability, Mioara Mugur-Schächter invited editor, Preface, article On the Concept of Probability, organizer of a common final debate). The general method of relativized conceptualization also elucidates where and how meaning is involved inside Shannon’s theory of communication of information ( ). And it allows yields a definition of relativized mathematical measures of complexity that preserve the involved semantic contents ( chapter 8).
The infra-quantum mechanics arXiv:0903.4976v3 (in French) offers a strictly qualitative description of microstates constructed quite independently of the mathematical formalism of quantum mechanics, under – exclusively – the constraints imposed by: (a) the cognitive situation in which is placed a human being who wants to create knowledge concerning non-perceivable “microstates”, and (b) the general requirements of the human ways of conceptualizing. Those who know the mathematical formalism of quantum mechanics can clearly discern the general features of the quantum mechanical algorithms inside the qualitative descriptional structure obtained in the above-mentioned way. But they will also discern features that are occulted by these algorithms, even though they are endowed with major semantic importance. The epistemological/operational/methodological discipline called infra-quantum mechanics offers from now on a reference structure for a face-à-face with the quantum mechanical formalism, that is elaborated outside this formalism and permits to dissolve in one single block, in a mutually coherent way, -----all the problems of “interpretation” raised by the formalism since nearly 80 years.
The work titled "Principles of a 2nd Quantum Mechanics (arXiv:1310.1728 still in French only) effectively realizes the above-mentioned face-à-face. (A thoroughly improved version containing a long abstract in English is now available on http://www.mugur-schachter.net/ and http://www.admiroutes.asso.fr/larevue/2014/149/mq2.htm).
PRINCIPLES OF A SECOND QUANTUM MECHANICS rooted in factuality via computational assistance : arXiv:1506.00431, a very concise and notably improved English reformulation of all the preceding versions.
This new version of QM2 suggests the possibility of a quite general way of constructing for any physical entity consensual and verifiable scientific probabilistic descriptions mathematically representable in a conveniently chosen Hilbert space.
- Objectivity and Descriptional Relativities, Foundations of Science 7, pp. 73-180, 2002
- Quantum Mechanics versus a Method of Relativized Conceptualization, in Quantum Mechanics, Mathematics, Cognition and Action, Proposals for a Formalized Epistemology, M. Mugur-Schächter and Alwyn Van Der Merwe eds., Kluwer Academic, 2002, pp. 109-307
- Sur le tissage des connaissances chapter 6