Miquel Martí i Pol
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Martí i Pol was of humble origin and had to quit studying at 14 years, to start working at a factory. Nevertheless, he started publishing poetry in 1954. In 1970 he was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Despite his illness, he continued publishing high quality poetry. His poetry became very popular in Catalonia.
Below are some of his main works:
- Paraules al vent. 1954.
- Vint-i-set poemes en tres temps. 1972.
- L'arrel i l'escorça. 1975.
- El llarg viatge. 1976.
- Amb vidres a la sang. 1977.
- Estimada Marta. 1978.
- Suite de Parlavà. 1991.
- Martí i Pol at the AELC (Association of Writers in Catalan Language), in Catalan, English and Spanish.
- Miquel Martí i Pol in LletrA, Catalan Literature Online (Open University of Catalunya) (in English) (in Spanish) (in Catalan)