|Genres||Dream pop, shoegaze, indie pop, ethereal wave|
|Labels||Tesseract, Projekt Records|
|Associated acts||Welcome to Nagaland, Done Beginner, Warm Orange, Fantome, Book of the Chow Chow|
|Past members||Regina Sosinski
Mira was formed by vocalist Regina Sosinski, guitarist Tom Parker, bassist Sam Riles and drummer Alan Donaldson. Originally called Still, they were influenced by shoegaze bands such as Slowdive and Cocteau Twins.
After releasing several EPs on their own Tesseract label, the band signed to Projekt Records, and their song "Cayman" appeared on Projekt's cat-themed 1999 compilation A Cat-Shaped Hole in My Heart.
Max Fresen replaced Riles, and the band added guitarist Mark Davidson.
Mira released their eponymous debut album on April 4, 2000.
For second album Apart, Melody Fleck replaced Fresen on bass, and the band toured the U.S.
In 2002, they collaborated on a self-released split single with Cream Abdul Babar, covering each other's songs.
Following 2005's There I Go Daydreamer, the band ceased activity and members moved on to other musical projects.
In 2011, Projekt released a compilation of rare and early Mira recordings, titled The Echo Lingers On (Demos, Outtakes and Rehearsals).
Sosinski later formed Warm Orange with Paul Burdack.
Davidson also played in Welcome to Nagaland and Done Beginner.
- Mira (2000, Projekt)
- Apart (2001, Projekt)
- There I Go Daydreamer (2005, Projekt)
Singles and EPs
- Something Ventured EP (1997, Tesseract)
- Dry EP (1998, Tesseract)
- Cowhausexclusive EP (1999, Tesseract)
- The Space split 7" with Cream Abdul Babar (2002, self-released)
- Pieces EP (2005, Projekt)
- The Echo Lingers On (Demos, Outtakes and Rehearsals) (2011, Projekt)
- "Cayman" on A Cat-Shaped Hole in My Heart (1999, Projekt)
- "Divine" on Seireenia (2000, Projekt)
- http://www.inmusicwetrust.com/articles/51h05.html%20~TO inmusicwetrust.com article