|Société en commandite par actions|
|Industry||Private banking, financial services|
|Services||Asset management, Wealth Management, Brokerage|
Number of employees
Four partners are involved in the group's day-to-day management. Mirabaud provides services in wealth management, asset management and brokerage to private clients and institutions around the world.
Mirabaud et Cie was founded in 1819 and is one of the oldest banks in Switzerland. Family-owned and operated, the bank has played a key part in the construction and development of the Swiss financial system, helping co-found the Geneva Stock Exchange in 1857.
In 1973, it pioneered the development of Swiss hedge funds. In 1985, Mirabaud opens its first foreign bureau in Montréal, followed in 1990 by the reinforcement of its historical presence in London
The first Asian office was opened in Hong Kong in 1997 and one year later, the bank reinforced its presence in Switzerland by opening its first subsidiary in Zurich.
In 2001, Mirabaud significantly grows its asset management teams in Geneva and London. The same year, the Group creates LPP Gestion SA to operate in the field of liability management services for pension funds.
From 2003 onwards the Group continues to solidify its presence in the EU, Switzerland, and the Middle East: a new subsidiary opens in Paris, a majority stake in Jenni & Cie (Basel) is purchased in 2004, and another banking office opens in Dubai in 2007.
In 2010, the Group acquires Venture Finanzas in Spain and pursues its strategic implantation by opening offices in Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia and Seville.
In 2011, Mirabaud consolidates its asset management activities in Luxembourg by creating Mirabaud Asset Management (Europe) SA. A bank (Mirabaud & Cie (Europe) SA) follows in 2014. In 2015, the Group announces the acquisition of two further banking licenses in Spain and France.
The group undergoes a major structural change in 2014: Mirabaud's activities become integrated into Mirabaud SCA, a Swiss corporate partnership. For the first time the Groupe also publishes its annual results.
Mirabaud’s headquarters are located in Geneva, Switzerland, but the Group has offices around the world. These include subsidiaries in Switzerland (Geneva, Basel, Zurich), Europe (London, Luxembourg, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Seville and Milan), and elsewhere around the globe (Montreal, Hong Kong, and Dubai amongst others. The Group concentrates on three main divisions: wealth management, asset management, and brokerage.
- Roland Rossier (23 March 2016). "Mirabaud veut s'étendre en Europe". 24 heures. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- Roland Rossier (31 March 2016). "Les taux négatifs pénalisent une banque genevoise". La Tribune de Genève. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- Frédéric Lelièvre (31 March 2015). "Mirabaud, la mutation au pas de charge". Le Temps. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
- "Mirabaud & Cie SA". abps.ch. Swiss Private Bankers Association. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "Mirabaud Gestion souhaite se renforcer auprès des investisseurs institutionnels". La Tribune. 22 November 2010. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- Pierre-Alexandre Sallier (31 August 2015). "La banque Mirabaud se plaint du franc fort" [Mirabaud complains from strong Franc]. Tribune de Genève. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Mirabaud & Cie: La consécration par la pierre" [Mirabaud: & Cie: recognition set in stone]. PME Magazine. 17 December 2007. Archived from the original on 4 July 2016. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Six siècles d'activités bancaires à Genève" [Six centuries of banking in Geneva]. Journal de Genève. 23 July 1981. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Citywire sube el rating a tres gestores de Mirabaud AM" [Citywire increases the rating of three Mirabaud AM managers]. fundsociety.com. 22 September 2015. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Promoters – Fondation pour Cadres et Dirigeants d'Entreprises - FCDE Prévoyance". www.fcde-prevoyance.ch. Retrieved 2016-09-26.
- "Mirabaud Asset Management se développe à Dubai" (in French). 2014-09-08. Retrieved 2016-09-26.
- "Mirabaud mit neuer Niederlassung in Basel". Handelszeitung. 28 November 2007. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Die Marke Venture Finanzas verschwindet" [Venture Finanzas to disappear]. finews.ch. 29 June 2010. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Changement de structure à la banque Mirabaud". 24heures.ch. 24 heures. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 2016-08-30.
- "Changement de structure à la banque Mirabaud". 24heures.ch/. Retrieved 2016-09-26.
- "Lombard Odier et Mirabaud publient leurs premiers résultats". L'Hebdo. 28 August 2014. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- Jeannerat, Ignace (28 August 2014). "Mirabaud annonce un bénéfice net de 17.5 millions". Le Temps. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "Bénéfice semestriel en hausse pour Mirabaud". La Liberté. 31 August 2015. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- Chantal Mathez de Senger (16 June 2014). "Les banquiers privés mettent les voiles" [Private bankers set sail]. Bilan. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Pourquoi la banque Mirabaud soutient le Bol d'Or – Mon Change". monchange.ch. Retrieved 2016-09-26.