Mirae Asset Financial Group
This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (January 2018)
|Founder||Hyeon Joo, Park|
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
Mirae Asset Financial Group is an independent financial services group in Asia, headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. Mirae Asset provides comprehensive financial services including asset management, wealth management, investment banking, and life insurance. Mirae Asset was founded by Hyeon Joo Park in 1997 and introduced the very first mutual funds to Korean retail investors in 1998. On a global consolidated basis, total group’s client assets exceed US$400 billion (as of 30 Sep 2018). Mirae Asset has a presence in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Mongolia, Singapore, the U.K., the United States and Vietnam.
Mirae Asset Global Investments
Mirae Asset Global Investments offers mutual funds, ETFs, and alternative investments
Mirae Asset Daewoo
Mirae Asset Daewoo offers services including brokerage service, wealth management, investment banking, sales & trading, and overseas business
Mirae Asset Life Insurance
Mirae Asset Life Insurance offers life insurance, investment-linked insurance, financial consulting and retirement planning services.
- Mirae Asset Global Investments acquires Global X, a Beyond Ordinary ETF provider in the USA
- Mirae Asset launches global and regional artificial intelligence (AI) products
- Mirae Asset acquires leading securities firm KDB Daewoo Securities, rebranded as Mirae Asset Daewoo
- Mirae Asset completes development of Korea's first Four Seasons Hotel in downtown Seoul
- Mirae Asset launches Horizons S&P 500 Covered Call ETF, Horizons’ first US-listed ETF
- Mirae Asset launches CSI300 Enhanced Index Fund, the China JV’s first mutual fund
- Mirae Asset Global Investments becomes the largest fixed income fund manager in Korea
- Mirae Asset establishes Korea’s first joint venture asset management company in China - Mirae Asset Huachen Fund Management
- Mirae Asset Global Investments merges with Mirae Asset MAPS Global Investments, its sister company specializing in alternative investments
- Mirae Asset Financial Group agreed to acquire 85% of Betapro Management Inc. BetaPro, together with its subsidiary Alphapro, manage the Horizons family of exchange traded funds, the largest ETF family in Canada with more than 70 ETFs listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange and C$3 billion (US$3.1 billion) in Assets under Management
- Mirae Asset Global Investments acquires 60% of TLG Asset Management, a fund management subsidiary of Taiwan Life Insurance
- Mirae Asset Private Equity, Fila Korea, National Pension Service of Korea and Korea Development Bank agree to buy Acushnet Company, owner of leading golf brands Titleist and FootJoy
- Mirae Asset launches US-domiciled funds
- Harvard Business School chooses Mirae Asset’s story and the entrepreneurship of Chairman Park Hyeon Joo for a case study
- Mirae Asset Global Investments signs an agreement to form an asset management joint venture in China
- Mirae Asset was recognized as the largest investor in emerging markets
- Mirae Asset’s SICAV Luxembourg-domiciled funds were launched
- Mirae Asset Global Investments (Brazil) was established
- Mirae Asset Global Investments (USA) was established
- Mirae Asset Global Investments (UK) was established
- Mirae Asset Global Investments (India) was established
- Mirae Asset launches Korea’s first overseas investment (ex-Korea) fund Mirae Asset Retirement Pension Institute established
- Mirae Asset Investment Education & Research Center was established
- Mirae Asset MAPS Global Investments was established through the acquisition of a local asset management company
- Mirae Asset Global Investments (HK), the first global operation based in Hong Kong, was established
- Selected as external manager of the National Pension Service (NPS) of Korea
- Korea’s first mutual investment fund was launched by Mirae Asset
- Mirae Asset Global Investments was established
Notes and references
- "Milestones - Mirae Asset Global Investments". www.miraeasset.com.
- "Terms of Service Violation". www.bloomberg.com.
- "금융투자협회". www.kofia.or.kr.
- "Titleist and FootJoy parent Acushnet sold to Korean investors for $1.2 billion".