Mirage of Blaze
This article does not cite any sources. (November 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Mirage of Blaze|
DVD cover for Mirage of Blaze: The Complete Collection
(Honoo no Mirage)
|Genre||Historical, Supernatural, Shōnen-ai, Melodrama, Romance|
|Written by||Mizuna Kuwabara|
Kazumi Toujou (novels 1-11) |
Shouko Hamada (novels 12-40)
|Original run||November 2, 1990 – April 27, 2004|
|Written by||Mizuna Kuwabara|
|Illustrated by||Shouko Hamada|
|Original run||October, 1994 – 1997|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Susumu Kudo|
|Produced by||Ryuzo Shirakawa|
|Music by||Koichiro Kameyama|
|Original network||Kids Station|
|Original run||January 7, 2002 – April 8, 2002|
|Original video animation|
|Mirage of Blaze: Rebels of the River Edge|
|Directed by||Fumie Muroi|
|Music by||Koichiro Kameyama|
|Released||July 28, 2004 – November 26, 2004|
Mirage of Blaze (炎の蜃気楼[ミラージュ] Honō no Mirāju) is a Japanese light novel series written by Mizuna Kuwabara, which are published under Shueisha's Cobalt label. It was partially adapted into an anime television series directed by Susumu Kudo in 2002 and an OVA directed by Fumie Muroi in 2004.
Difficult to classify, Mirage of Blaze is equal parts melodrama, historical, romance, and supernatural fantasy. Japanese history predominates a heavily structured plot, which mainly involves the continued aggression between magic using guardians, or "possessors," and the denizens of a "feudal underworld," or the restless souls of long-dead samurai attempting to re-ignite ancient war on the modern plane.
Prequel series, "Honō no Mirage: Kaikou-hen <Mashiroki Zankyou> (炎の蜃気楼邂逅編 真皓き残響)" set in Sengoku period; all 15 volumes (1999-2012), "Honō no Mirage: Bakumatsu-hen (炎の蜃気楼幕末編)" set in Edo period; all 2 volumes (2009-2013), "Honō no Mirage: Shouwa-hen (炎の蜃気楼昭和編)" set in Shouwa period; 5 volumes (2014–present) are also published.
Prequel "Shouwa-hen" Vol.1 "Honō no Mirage Showa-hen: Yonakidori Blues(炎の蜃気楼昭和編 夜啼鳥ブルース)" has been made into a plays in Theater Sun-mall (Shinjuku, Japan) on September 17–23, 2014. Vol.3 "Honō no Mirage Showa-hen: Ruritsubame Blues(炎の蜃気楼昭和編 瑠璃燕ブルース)" also has been made into plays in Theater 1010 (Adachi, Tokyo, Japan) on October 8–13, 2015. Moreover, they are going to third stage on Octoper, 2016.
Takaya Ougi, a high school student, wants nothing more than to protect his best friend Yuzuru Narita and live a normal life. That is, until Nobutsuna Naoe, an intense and charismatic man, informs Takaya that he is in fact the reincarnation of Lord Kagetora, the adopted son of a noble samurai lord, Kenshin Uesugi. Naoe, himself a "possessor," or a soul reborn through time, reawakens Takaya's abilities to exorcise evil spirits and fight the Feudal Underworld, a collection of restless warrior spirits bent on modern-day conquest. While most possessors remember their former lives before being reincarnated, Takaya does not, and is often hostile towards any effort for the complete recovery of his memory. As the plot unfolds, the complex history of the characters and their past suggests why this is so, and the true nature of the tempestuous and somewhat ambiguous relationship between the two leads provides the backdrop for a melodrama that spans several generations of Japanese history. As they ascend to the living world to renew their ancient war, Naoe, Takaya, and two other possessors gear up to prevent that from happening.
The OVA Rebels of the River Edge (2003) has animated the book with same title. this OVA resumes the plot of the anime television series, yet incorporates several new developments, among them the question of unswerving loyalty and personal honor. Takaya is sent to Kyoto to investigate the re-awakening of the Ikko sect and Araki Murashige, a one time member of the Ikkō sect who has since deserted the clan. With the help of his vassal and fellow possessor Haruie, the two are successful in tracking him down, only to discover that Murashige is after a 400-year-old mandala (a Buddhist ritualistic artifact and meditative aid) made of the hair of the deceased Araki clansmen. Unfortunately, by the time they meet up with Murashige, Haruie recognizes him as Shintarou, her former lover in a past life. Whether it's true or not, and despite the confusing emotional complication of this development, Takaya orders Haruie to eliminate Murashige once he becomes a true threat to the balance of power. Meanwhile, Takaya finally reunites with Naoe after a prolonged period of estrangement. Unresolved sexual and psychological tension dominates their initial exchange, and it's uncertain whether these two powerful possessors will resolve their differences and work together against this latest threat.
- Takaya Ougi (仰木 高耶 Ōgi Takaya)
- Voiced by: Toshihiko Seki (Japanese); Richard Cansino (English)
- A lonely 17-year-old high school delinquent who finds out that he's actually the reincarnation of Kagetora Uesugi, despite having repressed the memories of his prior existence due to a traumatic incident. When he was junior high-school student, he was a famous juvenile delinquent at Matsumoto since he rebelled against his alcoholic father. Abrupt and outspoken in demeanor, he defiantly and exhaustingly denies the fact that he is Kagetora, refusing to believe that he is anyone but Takaya. He nonetheless exhibits a highly moral attitude towards his newfound duty as a "possessor" once he accepts the reality of his past. Through the course of the series, he develops a minor split personality, confusing his ancient persona from his current persona (i.e. Takaya Ohgi vs. Kagetora Uesugi). All of the Uesugi possessors, as well as close friends, call him "Takaya" unless he's in his Kagetora persona, save Naoe who always calls him "Lord Kagetora" as a mark of their master/vassal relationship. He's a very powerful magic user, capable of exorcising spirits and demons and constructing an energy barrier against attack. He has a strong conviction and is stubborn, though he hides his vulnerably delicate mind with a bluff. Although he has serious misanthropy, he's incredibly defenseless and innocent toward man who he trusted. He's eager for paternity and tends to trust an older man. Takaya begins to trust and love Naoe that had protecting him, quite unmindful of himself, although he knows he's just scapegoat for Kagetora. Takaya becomes a wise and noble, coercive, powerful leader after he gets Kagetora's memories. then his discord between Naoe at 30 years ago is revealed. He's deeply attached to "winning" against Naoe that deeply attached to relation between "winner" and "loser". He hated sexual intercourse since he was gang raped by his vassals and pages when he was alive and in Hojo clan. At the end of the novel's part 1 "Youkihi the Sea Goddess", the situation has changed after Naoe's soul got damaged and can't use any power. He's shocked by the matter that may lose Naoe forever if Naoe dies. Then he shows his intense affection to Naoe, and lets a volcano erupt furiously with his power, because he was furious to the Mori clan that took Naoe to a hostage and doesn't return him. but Naoe protects him and died. he lost his sanity however, he sealed his feelings on the advice of his real father, Ujiyasu Hojo's soul and beat his enemies. then, he believed Kotaro is Naoe since he wakes up.
- Yoshiaki Tachibana (橘 義明 Tachibana Yoshiaki)
- Voiced by: Shō Hayami (Japanese); Jamieson Price (English), Voiced by: Kōji Tsujitani (2nd Drama CD)
- The current incarnation of Nobutsuna Naoe. He is the third son of the Tachibana family and is a monk of Shingon-shu Buzan-ha at the Kougenji temple in Utsunomiya. He always wears a black suit with a black tie as Japanese mourning dress by reason of the sympathy for the dead person. He is about eleven years older than Takaya, and much more methodical and deliberate in his methods. Intense and understated in speech, he nonetheless harbors a passionate and rebellious nature beneath his veneer of docility and allegiance. He's quite rich because his oldest brother managing real estate company. He wields a similar form of energy magic, and is capable of sensing demonic or supernatural auras. He can also make others be possessed at man's bodies compulsorily. Takaya and all other members of the Uesugi clan call him "Naoe". He was a subordinate of Kagekatsu Uesugi that killed Kagetora. however, he has become a servant of Kagetora, by Kenshin Uesugi command 400 years ago; first possession, so they hated each other at first. But now, he loves Kagetora deeply, although he has jealousy and an inferiority complex towards "genius" Kagetora, and he showed on several occasions that he would do anything to make him. He's deeply attached to relation between "winner" and "loser", and wish to win against Kagetora who's "winner". He raped Minako Kitazato, Kagetora fiance in a previous life. moreover, he has possessed Kagetora to Minako got pregnant with his own child when Kagetora's body killed in the fight against Oda. eventually they've killed. He regretted having caused this misdeed; he has tried to commit suicide many times since Kagetora's reincarnation wasn't found. He behaves himself like a guardian at Takaya, but he's afraid of losing trust in Takaya when Takaya recovered his memories. however, he cannot control his suppressed desires, love, hate, and agony, and he almost raped Takaya, so Takaya got his all memories by a shock. At the end of the novel's part 1 "Youkihi the Sea Goddess", his soul has damaged cause he used his supernatural power without rest, while he was emotionally unstable, then he lost his powers and even his eyesight; he is held hostage by the Mori clan, and he was suggested that he join to the Mori clan by Motoharu Kikkawa who felt pity for him. He confessed he wanted to be killed by Takaya while surrounded by flames, but he was persuaded by Takaya and reconciled with Takaya. however, he protects Takaya from an bullet which Terumoto Mori fired. his eyes met those of Takaya, and he died. In the book: part 2, it's revealed that he was saved by Kenshin, and he manipulated body of Makoto Kaizaki, descendant of the Satomi clan, by his mortally wounded body, uses spirit synchronization.
- Shuhei Chiaki (千秋 修平 Chiaki Shūhei)
- Voiced by: Yasunori Matsumoto (Japanese); Lex Lang (English)
- The current incarnation of Nagahide Yasuda, two years older than Takaya, and on the surface a typical high school student. He is a possessor and magic user, but apparently also has the ability to alter the perceptions and memories of others. He use items called Koppa-jin. His combat ability is most strong after Kagetora, he regarded Kagetora as his rival, not his vassal. All the Uesugi clan possessors call him by his ancient name "Nagahide", save Takaya who calls him by his current name, "Chiaki". His arrival in the series is accompanied by his sudden and mysterious appearance in Takaya's homeroom as his "best friend." His loyalty to the Uesugi clan is at first questionable, since his whereabouts and intentions were unknown before his abrupt arrival in Takaya's life. He has a laid back personality and is slow to anger, and is concentrated and precise in combat. He's also considerate person, and he doesn't hesitate about help to help the weak and friend although he don't want to acknowledge it. Like Naoe, he belonged to the faction of Kagekatsu Uesugi when he was alive. Unlike other Uesugi clan that possession to fetus as possible, he possessed to a handsome young man because he hated his ancient ugly-looking. Though he says that he abandoned "Ultimate Bakappuru", he makes every effort to do help them at the risk of his life.
- Ayako Kadowaki (門脇 綾子 Kadowaki Ayako)
- Voiced by: Sakiko Tamagawa (Japanese); Julie Ann Taylor (English)
- The current incarnation of Haruie Kakizaki, originally male. Somewhere in her past, whether by accident or design, she switched gender. She is a female college student about 21 years of age who rides a Yamaha FZR400 motorcycle called "Ecchan". Despite her decidedly feminine appearance, everyone calls her by "Haruie". She save Takaya who calls her by her current name "Ayako-neesan". She is easy going and friendly with a bit of a competitive streak. When she first meets Takaya, she challenges him to a motorcycle race and beats him easily. She is a powerful exorcist and dependable in combat, and has great magic power to identify a soul. She worshiped Kagetora since she/he was alive. Haruie formerly hated Naoe who was Kagetora's enemy and has assassinated himself at 400 years ago; first possession, but they trust each other now. She quarrels with Chiaki well but she gets along well with him, and they are perfect pair when they make fun of Naoe in particular. In the OVA series, Rebels of the River Edge (2003), her past experiences are developed in greater detail. 200 years ago, Haruie fall in love with young doctor Shintaro Sone when she was reborn in female form. However, Shintaro's died. She has been waiting for his reincarnation after what is to believe his promise.
- Yuzuru Narita (成田 譲 Narita Yuzuru)
- Voiced by: Taiki Matsuno (Japanese); Tony Schnur (English), Voiced by: Shinnosuke Furumoto (Tokimeki Telephone)
- The best friend of Takaya. He's always calm and good student, he's keeping an open mind and is tends to say poignant. He showed a strong psychic power sometimes. Yuzuru gets to know Takaya when he intended to kill his alcoholic father, he understood the mind of Takaya and supported him. Kosaka foretold he is "the menace of six realms". It's revealed Yuzuru is the reincarnation of Maitreya, and also Kagekatsu Uesugi.
- Danjo Kousaka (高坂 弾正 Kōsaka Danjō)
- Voiced by: Kenyū Horiuchi (Japanese); Lex Lang (English), Voiced by: Jūrōta Kosugi (2nd Drama CD), Voiced by: Kaneto Shiozawa (Tokimeki Telephone)
- The current name is Kimihiko Arai, who is college student. Shingen Takeda's mistress, and he belongs to Takeda clan. He's familiar with the circumstances of the Uesugi clan for some reason, then he makes fun of Naoe and enjoys it. He shows loyalty to Takeda clan, but he seems to have another purpose. He is elusive, always sarcastic, a proud person. He has legendary yōkai Nue that's good at data collection to his subordinates. He repeats possession like the Uesugi clan, has also great magic power to identify a soul.
- Ujiteru Hojo (北条 氏照 Hojō Ujiteru)
- Voiced by: Hideyuki Tanaka (Japanese); Dave Mallow (English)
- The real third brother of Kagetora. He calls Kagetora by Kagetora's former name, "Saburō". He care about Kagetora who sent in hostage to Uesugi clan, and want to take back him. He enter the war on Yami-Sengoku with his elder brother, Ujimasa Hojo. He suggested to Takaya that he's back in Hojo clan.
- Kotaro Fuma (風魔 小太郎 Fūma Kotarō)
- Voiced by: Mitsuru Miyamoto (Japanese); Johnny Yong Bosch (English)
- The Fūma ninja serving to Hojo clan. He is faithful to an order, is always expressionless and has no emotion like a robot. At the book: part 2, he pretends to be Naoe as Takaya wishes it though he plays awkwardly him.
- Katsunaga Irobe (色部 勝長 Irobe Katsunaga)
- The oldest member of the Uesugi clan. He appears after Part 2 in the book; because he possessed to a baby at Part 1. He has loyalty to Kenshin Uesugi and is calm, judicious person. In "Kaikou-hen" that the pre-sequel set in Japan 400 years ago, he exorcised the evil spirit of Kagetora that cursed his violent death, then he welcomed Kagetora who's guided by the soul of Kenshin. he has trouble with the arbitration of the Uesugi clan that hated each other, because members except for him made war against each other since they divided into the Kagetora vs. Kagekatsu factions before they died.
- Satoshi Hatayama (波多山 智 Hatayama Satoshi)
- Voiced by: Tomokazu Seki (Japanese); Steve Cannon (English)
- Yuzuru's junior in his club activities. He is half Japanese and half white. It's revealed he is the current incarnation of Ranmaru Mori, Nobunaga Oda's lover.
- Nobunaga Oda (織田 信長 Oda Nobunaga)
- Voiced by: Ryōtarō Okiayu (Japanese); Doug Stone (English)
- Uesugi clan's biggest enemy. The possessed of Eiji Shiba, known as the leader of the popular rock band "SEEVA" at later. He wants to take over the world by "Yami-Sengoku". He uses magic power to destroy the souls, also can makes the miraculous stone that make a man into his own slave. He killed Kagetora and Naoe in the battle 30 years ago.
- Saori Morino (森野 紗織 Morino Saori)
- Voiced by: Akiko Yajima (Japanese); Colleen Villard (English)
- The classmate of Takaya. She has crush on Yuzuru. She is an active, brisk and self-assured person.
- Miya Ohgi (仰木 美弥 Ōgi Miya)
- Voiced by: Tomoko Miura (Japanese); Kari Wahlgren (English), Voiced by: Tange Sakura (Drama CD and Tokimeki Telephone)
- The sister of Takaya. An innocent, mollycoddle, sweet girl. Takaya never wants to make her have a dangerous experience.
- Teruhiro Tachibana (橘 照弘 Tachibana Teruhiro)
- Voiced by: Hideyuki Tanaka (Tokimeki Telephone)
- The eldest brother of Yoshiaki Tachibana. He runs the real estate company without inheriting the Kougenji temple, and he drives Yoshiaki hard as his secretary and his driver. He and his family worries about terribly nihilistic Yoshiaki that wanted to die since when he was young.
- Minako Kitazato (北里 美奈子 Kitazato Minako)
- The fiance of Kagetora 30 years ago. She is related to an event that's attribution of discord between Kagetora and Naoe. She also appears in the pre-sequel, "Showa-hen".
Anime Episode list
- "Ill-Fated Destiny" (炎渦の邂逅 Enka no Kaikō) - Two high school friends discover they are the reincarnation of ancient warriors who soon realize they are locked in a deadly battle with the spirit of a long-dead evil warlord.
- "Possessor From The Darkness" (闇からの換生 Yami kara no Kanshō) - Naoe talks with Takaya about his past, the battle 400 years ago, and the awakening of Takeda Shinken.
- "An Imperfect Awakening" (無明の覚醒 Mumyō no Kakusei) - Yuzuru goes missing after the binding bracelet Naoe gives him is removed.
- "Premonition of a Chain Reaction" (連鎖の予感 Rensa no Yokan) - Takaya meets a strange woman while riding his motorcycle to school. Afterwards he learns he has a new classmate and best friend he has no memory of. Later Uesugi meets Takaya at his school and senses an ominous presence.
- "Endless Conflict" (終わりなき葛藤 Owarinaki Kattō) - Spirits from Japan's Dark Ages, known as Possessors, are reappearing in modern times. Takaya has now met two others with spirit powers, Naoe and Ayoho. They insist his body is being possessed by a powerful samurai.
- "Golden Emblem" (緋色の刻印 Hiiro no Kokuin) - Takaya's doubt meets its final test as his entire school turns into a spawning ground for the armies of the Undead.
- "Memories of Hateful Anguish" (怨嗟の記憶 Ensa no Kioku) - For the past 2 months, Takaya and Naoe have been exorcising spirits left and right. For another lovely history lesson, Naoe takes Takaya to a special place where a war rages on.
- "At the End of Obsession" (迷執の果て Meishū no Hate) - Takaya is forced to confront his anger and mixed emotions about himself and Naoe. He must come to grips with these emotions quickly before he injures himself or someone else maliciously.
- "Endless Void" (果てしなき虚空 Hateshinaki Kioku) - Naoe searches for and confronts the evil beast Tsutsuga.
- "Sorrowful Betrayal" (哀しい背信 Kanashī Haishin) - Unable to accept his alternate identity, Takaya meets with Ujiteru Hojo, Kagetora's brother, and he is forced to remember his past with Naoe.
- "Eternal Blaze" (永遠の業火 Towa no Gouka) - The Hojo clan begins a cataclysmic plan to take over Nikko. They've kidnapped Yuzuru and plan to burn him alive to release a burst of spiritual energy.
- "Choices of Conflict" (修羅の選択 Shura no Sentaku) - An unexpected answer is given to Lord Ujiasu's proposal.
- "Twilight of Beyond" (遥かなる残照 Harukanaru Zanshō) - Naoe and Takaya search for the Tsutsuga mirrors to destroy them.
OVA episode list
- "Chapter 1 - Dearest Wish" (第一章 悲願 Higan)
- "Chapter 2 - Tiger's Eye" (第二章 タイガース・アイ Taigāsu Ai)
- "Chapter 3 - Wind of the River's Edge" (第三章 みなぎわの風 Minagiwa no Kaze)
Novel Volumes List
- "Mirage of Blaze" (炎の蜃気楼 Honō no Mirage)
- "Traces of Scarlet" (緋の残影 Aka no Zanei)
- "Glass Lullaby" (ガラスの子守歌 Garasu no Komoriuta)
- "Amber Meteoric Swarm" (琥珀の流星群 Kohaku no Ryūseigun)
- "Dragon God of Mahoroba" (まほろばの龍神 Mahoroba no Ryūjin)
- "Fragment - For You, My Beloved" (断章-最愛のあなたへ Danshō- Saiai no Anata e)
- "The Supreme Ruler's Demonic Mirror (Part 1)" (覇者の魔鏡（前編） Hasha no Makyō Zenpen)
- "The Supreme Ruler's Demonic Mirror (Part 2)" (覇者の魔鏡（中編） Hasha no Makyō Chūhen)
- "The Supreme Ruler's Demonic Mirror (Part 3)" (覇者の魔鏡（後編） Hasha no Makyō Kōhen)
- "Rebels of the River Edge" (みなぎわの反逆者 Minagiwa no Hangyakusha)
- "Youkihi the Sea Goddess (Part 1)" (わだつみの楊貴妃（前編） Wadatsumi no Yōkihi Zenpen)
- "Youkihi the Sea Goddess (Part 2)" (わだつみの楊貴妃（中編） Wadatsumi no Yōkihi Chūhen)
- "Youkihi the Sea Goddess (Part 3)" (わだつみの楊貴妃（後編） Wadatsumi no Yōkihi Kōhen)
- "The Windhole to the Underworld (Part 1)" (黄泉への風穴（前編） Yomi e no Fūketsu)
- "The Windhole to the Underworld (Part 2)" (黄泉への風穴（後編） Yomi e no Fūketsu)
- "Kingdom of the Fire Wheel (Part 1)" (火輪の王国（前編） Karin no Ōkoku Zenpen)
- "Kingdom of the Fire Wheel (Part 2)" (火輪の王国（中編） Karin no Ōkoku Chūhen)
- "Kingdom of the Fire Wheel (Part 3)" (火輪の王国（後編） Karin no Ōkoku Kōhen)
- "Kingdom of the Fire Wheel - the Violent Wind" (火輪の王国（烈風編） Karin no Ōkoku Reppū-hen)
- "Kingdom of the Fire Wheel - the Intense Wave" (火輪の王国（烈濤編） Karin no Ōkoku Rettō-hen)
- "Embrace the Cross to Sleep" (十字架を抱いて眠れ Jūjika o Daite Nemure)
- "Fragment - Abandoned Suffering" (砂漠殉教 Sabaku Junkyō)
- "Rupture of the Star's Destiny" (裂命の星 Retsumyō no Hoshi)
- "The Fascinating Pioneer" (魁の蠱 Sakigake no Mushi)
- "Gate of Vengeance - the Blue Sea" (怨讐の門 （青海編） Onshū no Mon Ōmi-hen)
- "Gate of Vengeance - the Crimson Sky" (怨讐の門（赤空編） Onshū no Mon Akasora-hen)
- "Gate of Vengeance - the White Thunder" (怨讐の門（白雷編） Onshū no Mon Hakurai-hen)
- "Gate of Vengeance - the Black Sun" (怨讐の門（黒陽編） Onshū no Mon Kokuyō-hen)
- "Gate of Vengeance - the Yellow Earth" (怨讐の門（黄壤編） Onshū no Mon Kōjō-hen)
- "Gate of Vengeance - the Damaged Earth" (怨讐の門（破壤編） Onshū no Mon Hajō-hen)
- "The Eternal Pure Land" (無間浄土 Mukan Jōdo)
- "The Twinkle Book of Revelations I - the Nachi chapter" (燿変黙示録I（那智の章） Yōhen Mokushiroku I Nachi no Shō)
- "The Twinkle Book of Revelations II - the Futsu chapter" (燿変黙示録II（布都の章） Yōhen Mokushiroku II Futsu no Shō)
- "The Twinkle Book of Revelations III - the Yata chapter" (燿変黙示録III（八咫の章） Yōhen Mokushiroku III Yata no Shō)
- "The Twinkle Book of Revelations IV - the Jinmu chapter" (燿変黙示録IV（神武の章） Yōhen Mokushiroku IV Jinmu no Shō)
- "The Twinkle Book of Revelations V - the Demon chapter" (燿変黙示録V（天魔の章） Yōhen Mokushiroku V Tenma no Shō)
- "The Twinkle Book of Revelations VI - the Fire Rebellion chapter" (燿変黙示録VI（乱火の章） Yōhen Mokushiroku VI Ranka no Shō)
- "The Twinkle Book of Revelations VII - the Murky Destruction chapter" (燿変黙示録VII（濁破の章） Yōhen Mokushiroku VII Dakuha no Shō)
- "Tolling the Bells of Revolution" (革命の鐘は鳴る Kakumei no Kane wa Naru)
- "The Forelocks of Asura" (阿修羅の前髪 Ashura no Maegami)
- "Battlefield of the Thunder" (神鳴りの戦場 Kaminari no Ikusaba)
- "Beyond 100 Billion Nights" (千億の夜をこえて Senoku no Yoru o Koete)
- "Exaudi nos" (アウディ・ノス)
- "Ultramarine" (群青 Gunjō)
- "Reverse the Crimson Flag" (真紅の旗をひるがえせ Shinku no Hata o Hirugaese)
- "Mirage of Blaze Memorial" (炎の蜃気楼メモリアル Honō no Mirage Memorial)
- "The Red Whales set to fly, the Vidro Kids" (赤い鯨とびいどろ童子 Akai Kujira to Bīdoro Dōji)
- "Dragon God of Mahoroba" (まほろばの龍神 Mahoroba no Ryūjin) , 1992
- "For You, My Beloved" (最愛のあなたへ Saiai no Anata e) , 1993
- "NIGHT WINGS" (この夜に、翼を -NIGHT WINGS- Kono Yoru ni, Tsubasa o) , 1994
- "For Whom the Eagle Flies" (鷲よ、誰がために飛ぶ Washi yo, Tagatame ni Tobu) , 1997
The main voice actors in the drama CD series and the anime series (Japanese ver) are same. Besides, "Cobalt Tokimeki Telephone(コバルトときめきテレフォン)" that short stories or drama CDs which Seki Toshihiko and Sho Hayami reading the novels are made for premiums by Cobalt's all the applicants service.
Image Album and Anime OST
- - MIRAGE OF BLAZE - (炎の蜃気楼 ―MIRAGE OF BLAZE― Honō no Mirage - MIRAGE OF BLAZE -) , 1993
- Mirage of Blaze Off Vocal Version (炎の蜃気楼 OFF VOCAL VERSION Honō no Mirage Off Vocal Version) (Karaoke ver of 1st Album), 1995
- Mirage of Blaze II - Youkihi the Sea Goddess - (炎の蜃気楼II―わだつみの楊貴妃― Honō no Mirage II - Wadatsumi no Yōkihi -) , 1995
- Mirage of Blaze II - From Kingdom of the Fire Wheel - (炎の蜃気楼III～火輪の王国より～ Honō no Mirage III - Karin no Ōkoku Yori -) , 1996
- Mirage of Blaze IV - Obsessive love - (Vocal Collection) (炎の蜃気楼IV―執愛―（ヴォーカル・コレクション） Honō no Mirage IV - Shūai -) , 1998
- Mirage of Blaze Off Vocal Collection (炎の蜃気楼 OFF VOCAL COLLECTION Honō no Mirage Off Vocal Collection) (Karaoke ver of All Image Album songs), 1998
- Mirage of Blaze SPECIAL CD COLLECTION (炎の蜃気楼 SPECIAL CD COLLECTION Honō no Mirage SPECIAL CD COLLECTION) (Complete Album Collection of all Image Albums), 2002
- Mirage of Blaze Original Soundtrack (炎の蜃気楼 オリジナルサウンド・トラック Honō no Mirage Original Sound Track), 2002
- Mirage of Blaze- Rebels of the River Edge Original Soundtrack (みなぎわの反逆者 オリジナルサウンド・トラック Honō no Mirage- Minagiwa no Hangyakusha Original Sound Track), 2004
- Mizuna Kuwabara Official Website (in Japanese)
- Anime Series Official Website (in Japanese)
- Mirage of Blaze (manga) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Mirage of Blaze (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Mirage of Blaze Translations' Journal (Fan's English Translations Community of Novel)
- Stage Mirage of Blaze Showa-hen: Yonakidori Bruce Official Blog (in Japanese)
- Stage Mirage of Blaze Showa-hen: Ruri Tsubame Blues Official Blog (in Japanese)