Mirai Robo Daltanious
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Mirai Robo Daltanious|
Screenshot of Daltanious.
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Katsutoshi Sasaki|
|Written by||Fuyunori Gobu
|Original network||Tokyo Channel 12|
|Original run||March 21, 1979 – March 5, 1980|
In 1995, Earth has been conquered by the Zaar Empire from the planet Akron in the star system of Zaar. All Earth's cities have been destroyed, and its survivors live in shanty towns and villages. Kento, a war orphan, and his companions hide in a cave to escape bandits. In the cave they find the secret base of Doctor Earl from the planet Helios, another planet conquered by the Zaar. Doctor Earl had fled to Earth with him the greatest achievement of Helian technology: the super-robot Atlas, whose power increases in combination with the intelligent lion robot Beralios. When the robots combine with the Helian fighter Gumper, they form the mighty robot Daltanious. Doctor Earl entrusts the fight for Earth to Kento, a descendant of the Helian royal family.
- Kento Tate: Toshio Furukawa
- Sanae Shiratori: Keiko Han
- Tanosuke Hata: Tomomichi Nishimura
- Danji Hiiragi: Yoshito Yasuhara
- Manabu: You Inoue
- Ochame: Yūko Mita
- Director: Tadao Nagahama
- Assistant directors: Norio Kashima, Akira Suzuki
- Screenwriters: Fuyunori Gobu, Masaki Tsuji
- Character Design: Yuki Hijiri, Akihiro Kanayama
- Mechanical Design: Submarine
- Music: Hiroshi Tsutsui
- Original work: Saburo Yatsude
The super robot Daltanious was formed from three components: Atlaus (the main robot), Gunper (the spaceship) and Beralios, the mechanical lion who was recovered after the first battle with Akron. The robot is named after D'Artagnan, the hero of The Three Musketeers. Daltanious is 56 metres (184 ft) tall and weighs 678 short tons (615,000 kg). Daltanious was the first combining super-robot with an animal component and the first with a lion's head on its chest. The lion's head would be incorporated into several Brave Series robots, including GaoGaiGar.
- Tran Saber (トランセイバー Toran Seibā?): A single handed sword is summoned by the disk on Daltanious' right hip.
- Tran Shield (トランシールド Toran Shīrudo?): A metal shield is summoned by the disk on Daltanious' left hip.
- Double Knuckle (ダブルナックル Daburu Nakkuru?): Daltanious' punches are launched like rockets against opponents.
- Gyro Spinner (ジャイロスピンナー Jairo Supinnā?): Metal blades appear from the golden metal rings on Daltanious' forearms, and can be launched or combined with the Double Knuckle.
- Lysander (ライサンダー Raisandā?): A crossbow appears on Daltanious' right forearm, which shoots metal arrows.
- Sigma Beam (シグマビーム Shiguma Bīmu?): From the four crosses on Daltanious' shoulders and knees, four purple beams combine to form a cross-shaped laser beam.
- Super Electromagnetic Eraser (超電磁イレーサー Chōdenji Irēsā?): From the Beralios' mouth, a ball of fire is shot against opponents.
- Kaenken: Cross Slash - Flaming Sword: Cross Slash (火炎剣・火炎十文字斬り Kaenken: Kaen jū moji kiri?): From Beralios' mouth or eyes, a flamberge is summoned to attack Daltanious.
- Cannon Cubic (キャノンキュービック Kyanon Kyūbikku?): From Daltanious' arms, a double pair of cannons fire repeated shots.
- Chain Slicer (チェーンスライサー Chēn Suraisā?): From the right metal disk on Daltanious' right hip, a chain with a hook and sickle is summoned to grab opponents.
- Kaenken: Flame Attack - Flaming Sword: Flame Attack (火炎アタック Kaen Atakku?): When the Flaming Sword is summoned, a flaming beam stops opponents and Daltanious performs the Cross Slash.
- Kaenken: Full Power (火炎剣・フルパワー Furu Powa?): The Flame Sword is summoned with Daltanius' available power. He glows and flame appears above the sword, from which a larger Flame Sword is drawn.
- Daranche: Powers include flight, sickle arms and face tentacles.
- Gofun: Powers include a statue disguise, a cutlass and eye lasers.
- Garnis: Powers include swimming, flight and electric hair.
- Gogondoru: Powers include flight, two missiles in each foot and mouth wind gusts.
- Gerzom: Powers include flight, green antennae energy bolts and torso energy beams.
- Parasite form: Powers include energy absorbing mouth webs and eye electric lasers.
- Bemborg form: Powers include eye lasers, flight and sonic waves from the wings.
- Utsuboras: Powers include flight, limb retraction and head spikes.
- Gaigar: Powers include flight, green energy balls and pink electric bolts from the torso eye and five cable spears from the waist.
- Garugadon: Powers include dividing into meteors, body spikes and a sword stored in the left hand.
- Garugan: Powers include swimming, a slime-based body and six missile launchers in each forearm.
- Guruzon: Powers include flight, a mace tail and finger missiles.
- Garadago: Powers include a neck drill, tentacles that emit electric shocks from the remote rock and burrowing.
- Ganira: Powers include a wrecking ball, a crab claw for the left hand and flight.
- Zurudoo: Powers include flight, an electromagnetic beam from the head horn and lasers from its seven torso eyes.
- Dryzer: Powers include rockets from both mouths, flight and finger missiles.
- Zasoris: Powers include burrowing, flight and head whirlwinds.
- Krag: Powers include turning into purple toxic gas, flight and regeneration.
- Form 1: Powers include a cicada form, flight and energy absorption.
- Form 2: Powers include three antennae rays, two abdomen missile launchers and pink eye lasers.
- Form 1: Powers include dividing into starfish, a purple heat ray from the eye and regeneration.
- Form 2: Powers include pectoral missiles, swimming and electric shocks from the hands.
- Vakyura: Powers include flight, emitting radar waves to predict attacks and a spear.
- Brian: Powers include burrowing, dividing into robot cats and a blue laser blade in the torso.
- Zarus: Powers include flight, pectoral missiles and purple lasers from both torso eyes.
- Meralian: Powers include mouth flames, eye lasers and high-jumping.
- Setra: Powers include burrowing, four thorny tentacles and ice beams from the side mouths.
- Form 1: Powers include a plant pod form, six fly-trap arms which emit electric shocks and burrowing.
- Qukong Form 2: Powers include sword hands on chains, torso missiles and pink eye lasers.
- Teragamedon: Powers include mouth flames, flight and heat resistance.
- Damura: Powers include flight and pectoral missiles.
- Degu: Powers include flight, green lasers from the mammary glands and eyes and back-throwing daggers.
- Shuruga: Powers include flight, two scythe blades on each wrist and electric tentacles from the hips.
- Gurozaurus: Powers include flight, a mace and a freezing cannon and drill in the mouth of the lizard lower half.
- Unitogeras: Powers include pectoral lasers and machine guns, flight, a double-headed chariot horse with spiked wheels and mouth lasers and a constricting, bladed tail.
- Qum: Powers include flight, a machine gun for the right arm and rotating spikes in the torso.
- Garufua: Powers include flight, a lance for the right arm and a round shield for the left arm.
- Baroom: Powers include swimming, a green laser from the eye and torso missiles.
- Gyaraba: Powers include flight, crescent energy blasts from the pincer claws and waist jaws.
- Joruka: Powers include flight, green energy beams from the abdomen and eyes and mouth flames.
- Charade: Powers include toxic gas and energy beams from the abdomen mouth, flight and eye lasers.
- Darara: Powers include flight, swimming and a whip.
- Zaar Dan and Zaara: Powers of both include flight, a round shield and a trident.
- Balga: Powers include a tank for the lower half armed with missiles and a dragon headed flamethrower, two laser guns at the waist and three laser guns in each shoulder.
- Ginger: Powers include flight, a double-sided lance and pink mouth flames.
- Zobyu: Powers include flight, torso mines and foot missiles.
- Bronzor: Powers include flight, two missile launchers in the abdomen, an extendable arm in each hip which emits electricity, and twin broadswords.
- Deathark 1: Powers include a cutlass and a round skull shield which fires lasers from the eye sockets.
- Deathark 2: Powers include a pair of broadswords, flight and eye lasers.
- Deathark 3: Powers include a sword, high-jumping and a round skull shield.
- Dormen 1: Powers include a sword and a mouth energy beam.
- Dormen 2: Powers include a yellow laser sword, green electric lasers from the eyes and flight.
- Clements, Jonathan; McCarthy, Helen (2007). The Anime Encyclopedia: A Guide to Japanese Animation Since 1917 (Rev. & expanded ed.). Berkeley, Calif.: Stone Bridge Press. ISBN 978-1-933330-10-5.
- "超合金魂 GX-59 ダルタニアス | 魂ウェブ". Tamashii.jp. Retrieved 2015-07-25.
- "Soul of Chogokin GX-59 Daltanious". www.collectiondx.com. Archived from the original on November 9, 2010. Retrieved 2015-11-11.