Miraj Harshad Barot
1988 (age 30–31)
|Nationality||Ugandan and Indian|
|Years active||2003 - present|
|Title||Managing Director & CEO|
|Spouse(s)||Kruti Miraj Barot|
|Parent(s)||Harshad Barot & Parul Barot|
Miraj Harshad Barot is a business executive who was born in India, but moved to Uganda at age 6. He is currently the Managing Director and CEO of three companies in Uganda.
Background and education
Miraj Barot was born in India in 1989. His father is Harshad Barot, the founder and Chairman of Tirupati Group Limited. The family migrated to Uganda, in 1994, when Miraj was still a toddler. He attended schools in Uganda but dropped out early. He began participating in the running of the family business empire, in 2003, at the age of 14 years.
Starting in 2006, Miraj has been intricately involved in running the family businesses. When TGL was formed in 2006, he invested some of personal wealth into the company and served as its first Marketing Director. Later, he served as the Co-Chief Executive Officer of TGL. In November 2013, his role became Chief Executive Officer at Tirupati and at two other companies in the expanding family-owned conglomerate. Tulip Consultancy Limited is a real estate consultancy and management company. Virat Alloys Limited is a steel manufacturing and metal fabrication company, having acquired the assets and stock of the former Sembule Steel Mills. Miraj Barot is the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of all the three companies.
Miraj Barot is married to Kruti Bharat Rao. The wedding took place on 11 December 2013 in India. When the couple returned to Uganda, they threw a lavish reception at Kampala Serena Hotel, on 10 January 2014, for their upscale friends and associates.
- Bwire, Stephen (14 January 2012). "Miraj Barot Also Known As Tirupati". The Independent (Uganda). Archived from the original on 9 November 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Administrator, . (31 December 2010). "An Interview With Mr. Miraj Barot, Tirupati's Director of Marketing". The Promota Magazine (London). Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Musinguzi, John (10 February 2010). "Tirupati: The Regional Leader In Novelty". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Emorut, Francis (11 June 2014). "Government Earmarks USh10 Billion for Masaka Hospital". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Kaggwa, Andrew (16 June 2014). "Masaka Hospital To Get 800-Bed Block". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Nyambura, Silvia (15 November 2013). "Miraj Barot: The Tirupati CEO Talks About Filling His Father's Shoes And Being His Own Man". The Ceo Magazine (Uganda). Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- Mulumba, Abu-Baker (12 January 2014). "Tirupati's Miraj Barot Splurges On Wedding". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 2 December 2014.