19 December 1954 |
Jesenice, PR Slovenia, FPR Yugoslavia
|Institutions||University of Ljubljana|
Life and work
Miran Hladnik was born in Jesenice, People's Republic of Slovenia (then part of the Federal People's Republic of Yugoslavia). He studied at the University of Ljubljana, where he graduated from comparative literature and Slovene language in 1978.
In 1984/1985, Hladnik spent the academic year at University of Kansas, United States, as Fulbright teaching assistant, teaching Slovene language at the university and also teaching the language in both Kansas City and Pittsburgh, to the local American Slovenes communities.
In 1988, Hladnik obtained his PhD at the University of Ljubljana with a thesis on Slovene rural story.
From 1989, he has taught at the University of Ljubljana.
In 1995 he started with the weekly e-news of Slavic languages and literature department, which was in 1999 replaced by e-mailing list Slovlit.
Hladnik has also adopted the web as his publishing platform and has been publishing his academic and teaching material under the Creative Commons license on Wikisource and Wikiversity, while encouraging his students and his colleagues to do so themselves too through various Wikiprojects.
He has been the executive editor of the Journal of Slavic Linguistics (Slovene: Slavistična revija), the central Slovene journal for Slovene and Slavic literary studies, published by the Slavic Society of Slovenia.
- 1983. Trivialna literatura. Ljubljana: DZS (Literarni leksikon, 21). 127 pp. COBISS 11190273
- 1984–2008. Alojz Gradnik, Zbrano delo (Collected works), 1–5. Co-edited with Tone Pretnar. Ljubljana: DZS, Maribor: Litera.
- 1990. Slovenska kmečka povest. Ljubljana: Prešernova družba. 205 pp. COBISS 20910592
- 1991. Povest. Ljubljana: DZS (Literarni leksikon, 36). 93 pp. COBISS 23450624
- 1993. Fuk je Kranjcem v kratek čas: Antologija slovenske pornografske poezije s pripovednim dodatkom. 2nd, updated edition. Ljubljana: Mihelač. 203 pp. Notes 143–193. Co-edited with Marjan Dolgan.
- 1994. (co-authored with Toussaint Hočevar) Slovene for Travelers / Slovenščina za popotnike. Kranj. 148 pp. (2nd edition.)
- 1998. Novice Oddelka za slovanske književnosti na Filozofski fakulteti Univerze v Ljubljani ali Kronika ljubljanske slavistike 1996–1998. Ljubljana: Odddelek za slovanske jezike in književnosti. 206 str.
- 2002. Slovenščina: Študijski program z literaturo in seznam predavanj za smer Slovenski jezik in književnost. Ljubljana: Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana. Slavic languages and literatures department, 1997 (4th edition). 129 pp.
- 2002. Praktični spisovnik ali Šola strokovnega ubesedovanja: Vademekum za študente slovenske književnosti, zlasti za predmet Uvod v študij slovenske književnosti (6th, updated edition). Ljubljana: Faculty of Arts. 311 pp. COBISS 115795968
- 2009. Slovenski zgodovinski roman. Ljubljana: Znanstvena založba, Faculty of Arts. 356 pp. COBISS 245948160
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miran Hladnik.|
- Prof. Hladnik's Home Page
- Prof. Hladnik's Curriculum Vitae (in english)
- Slovene for Travelers - Slovene language for travelers
- The author's video lecture on the videolectures website
- An interview at RTV Slovenia
- Slovene literary classics on Slovene Wikisource
- "Slavistična revija". Culture.si. Ljudmila Art and Science Laboratory. 22 February 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012.