This article contains references that appear to be spam. Wikipedia is not a collection of links and should not be used for advertising. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
May 9, 1949|
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
|Occupation||Author, anti-aging educator, ballerina|
|Notable works||Aging Backwards|
|Children||Sahra Esmonde-White (daughter)|
Miranda Esmonde-White is a Canadian fitness trainer, former ballerina of the National Ballet School of Canada and author of books and DVDs on exercise. Her study of the benefits of stretch training has been the basis of several books, a public television show called Classical Stretch, and the public television special: Age Reversed with Miranda Esmonde-White.
Upon completing a career as a professional ballerina, she became a flexibility trainer and developed her own technique, called Classical Stretch, designed to relieve pain, increase athletes' speed, and lengthen the muscles of the full body. Along with her daughter, Sahra, she is the creator of the fitness workout set which she has termed 'Essentrics'. She also repeatedly hosts the public television show Classical Stretch and authored a New York Times Best Selling book Aging Backwards, published in November 2014.
Her Essentrics work is presented for all ages. With her daughter, Sahra Esmonde-White, she has developed a distance-learning teacher-training system which includes printed manuals and DVDs. She has written a textbook, Classical Stretch: The Esmonde Technique, and hosts a series of Classical Stretch DVDs.
- Aging Backwards HarperCollins Publishers, New York
- Classical Stretch: The Esmonde Technique, by Miranda Esmonde-White; George Demirakos, Contributing Editor, Pearson Learning Solutions, 8/28/2006, 285 pages., ISBN 9780536277350.
- Essentrics Teacher Training Course (4 Levels) - 2009
- Classical Stretch Text Book and Study Manual (published by Pearson Publishing) - 2004
- Classical Stretch Teacher Training Manuals - 2000
- "Classical Stretch - The Esmonde Technique: Full Body Workout," Vol. 1 and subsequent series through 2014. ASIN: B00K1MPGBK, by Miranda Esmonde-White, August 12, 2003
- Stretching business to an entirely new level, Edmonton Journal, January 10, 2008, on Canada.com, accessed 1/9/2015 Archived June 22, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- "About Miranda". Classical Stretch by Essentrics. Retrieved 2018-02-03.
- "Biography". HarperCollins.com. HarperCollins Publishers. Retrieved 2018-02-03.
- "Making your body your friend". Vancouver Sun. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- Szokan, N. Former Ballerina Offers Exercises and Stretches to Make You 'Look Younger'. The Washington Post. November 25, 2014.
- Esmonde-White, Miranda (November 2014). Aging Backwards. Harper Collins & Random House. ISBN 978-0-06-231333-1.
- Fitness Expert Introduces New Stretching Program. Entertainment Close-up. July 11, 2012
- ESSENTRICS®Studio bilingual homepage in English and French
- Thompson, M. Review of "Classical Stretch - Full Body Workout, Vol. 1" (Navarre Home Entertainment), in Daily News (Los Angeles, CA), December 15, 2003.