Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||R. Madhesh|
|Produced by||Sunanda Murali Manohar
Majestic Multimedia Limited
|Written by||R. Madhesh
|Screenplay by||R. Madhesh
|Story by||Kona Venkat
|Music by||Pravin Mani|
|Edited by||Vivek Harshan|
Majestic Multimedia Limited
|Distributed by||Mediaone Global Entertainment Limited|
Mirattal (English:Threatening) is a 2012 Tamil action comedy film directed by R. Madhesh starring Vinay Rai, Sharmila Mandre and Prabhu in the lead roles with Rishi in a cameo. A remake of the successful Telugu film, Dhee, the film was released on 2 August 2012.
- Vinay Rai as Ashok (Babloo)
- Sharmila Mandre as Deepika
- Prabhu as Shankar Dhadha
- Rishi as Gautham (cameo)
- Pradeep Rawat as Soori
- Pandiarajan as Babloo's Father
- Santhanam as Chari
- Mansoor Ali Khan
- Ganja Karuppu as Kathee
- Uma Padmanabhan as Babloo's Mother
- Viju Kailas as Ghani
- Yuvarani as Shankar Dhadha's wife
- Super Subbarayan
- Francis Silvestar
The film is remake of the successful Telugu language film, Dhee, and originally Madhesh approached Genelia D'Souza to reprise her role in the original and pair up with Vinay Rai. She did not accept, however, and Sharmila Mandre was subsequently signed on to replace Genelia and make her debut in Tamil films. In September 2010, filming of the songs were held across regions in England with scenes canned near castles in Richmond and Windsor in London. The team also shot at Bath, becoming the first Indian film to do so. Other locations in England where the songs where filmed include Eastbourne near Brighton, Oxfordshire and Surrey. The fight sequence was shot at London’s famous landmarks like the University of East London, the Tower Bridge, areas around the Buckingham Palace, Oxford University Aerodrome and London Airport with three cameras. The film's title was changed from Thillu Mullu to Mirattal in November 2011.
The soundtrack was composed by Pravin Mani.
|1.||"Radio Radio"||Shankar Mahadevan, Suchitra|
|2.||"Kalla Paravai"||Rahul Nambiar, SuVi|
|3.||"Whistle Poodu"||Benny Dayal & SuVi|
|4.||"Muga Moodi"||Aalaap Raju, Shweta Mohan|
|6.||"Thillu Mullu"||Pravin Mani, Benny Dayal|
Rohit Ramachandran of Nowrunning.com rated it 1.5 out of 5 saying that it "numbs the senses". Vivek Ramz of in.com rated it 2.5 out of 5, and added that the film "lacks in the action department but makes up for it by scoring on the entertainment front". Malathi Rangarajan of The Hindu wrote, "‘Hundred per cent Thillu Mullu’ is the tagline — ‘and zero per cent logic’ would have described Mirattal better."
- Actor Vinay Rai ready to kick start- Entertainment - DNA
- "'Mirattal' from August 2 - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2012-07-23. Retrieved 2012-08-18.
- IndiaGlitz - Vinay and Genelia to pair - Tamil Movie News
- "Sharmila Mandre's in dilemma - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- A taste of the east came to Bath when an Indian movie crew filmed scenes from its latest blockbuster
- Shankaran Malini, TNN Dec 19, 2011, 10.00AM IST (2011-12-19). "K-Town goes to Europe". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-08-18.
- "Mirattal Hollywood Techniques - Madhesh - Vijay - Mirattal - Vinay Rai - Santhanam - Deepika - Prabhu - Pandiarajan - Bosskey - Sharmila - Uma Padmanaban - Tamil Movie News". Behindwoods.com. 2012-04-06. Retrieved 2012-08-18.
- Thillu Mullu Is Now Mirattal - R Madesh - Thillu Mullu - Vinay - Santhanam - Ganja Karuppu - - Tamil Movie News - Behindwoods.com. Mirattal is touted to release on August 2nd, 2012.
- "Mirattal Review - Tamil Movie Review by Rohit Ramachandran". Nowrunning.com. 2012-08-02. Retrieved 2012-08-18.
- in.com - Mirattal is a One-time watch! - Review