|Minister of Environmental and Nature Protection|
23 December 2011 – 13 June 2012
|Prime Minister||Zoran Milanović|
|Preceded by||Ministry created|
|Succeeded by||Mihael Zmajlović|
15 December 1971|
Zagreb, SFR Yugoslavia (now Croatia)
Social Democratic Party of Croatia (1998–2015)|
Croatian Sustainable Development (2015–)
|Alma mater||University of Zagreb|
Mirela Holy (born 15 December 1971) is a Croatian politician and a former leader of the centre-left Croatian Sustainable Development party (ORaH). She served as Croatia's Minister of Environment from 2011 until 2012, the first and to date only woman to hold this position.
Minister of Environmental Protection
From 23 December 2011 until 13 June 2012 Holy was Minister of Environmental Protection and Nature in the centre left Government of Zoran Milanović. She resigned her position on 6 June 2012 after an outcry over an email in which she asked manager of the HŽ Holding to consider the possibility of not firing his secretary, because she was an elderly woman with more than 15 years of experience, and was working in HŽ Holding for less than a month. Mihael Zmajlović succeeded her as minister.
In 2013 she left the Social Democratic Party due to her public disagreement with the party's environmental policy. After her departure from SDP, Holy founded a new party called ORaH (ORaH means walnut in Croatian) which stands for Održivi razvoj Hrvatske (Croatian Sustainable Development).
- "dr. sc. Mirela Holy (SDP) — Libela". Libela.
- "Ovo je e-mail zbog kojeg je Mirela Holy morala otići". Večernji.hr. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- Boris Pavelic: Croatian Ex-Environment Minister Launches Green Party. www.balkaninsight.com, 11 October 2013
- Doći ću na splitski Gay Pride jer je to praznik demokracije — Razgovor — Libela. Libela.org. Retrieved on 2013-01-03.
- Izbori. Zagreb Pride. Retrieved on 2013-01-03.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-07-06. Retrieved 2015-11-04.
- "Mirela Holy u NOVOJ GLORIJI otkrila zašto se ne želi udati za svog dečka: Ne vjerujem u taj tip odnosa jer osjećam kao da se on svodi na posjedovanje".