March 21, 1967
Orange County, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Costume designer, Fashion Designer|
Mirela Rupic (born March 21, 1967) is an American costume and fashion designer. Her costume designing career took off after she got included in a minor TV series, upon which followed her involvement in the movie title Fight Club in 1999. She is also known for being the lead costume designer in the 2007 TV series Chuck.
Rupic was born in Orange County, southern California. She studied fashion design at the Woodbury University in San Diego where she launched her first collection, presenting her personal style. By the age of 26, Rupic was already working as an assistant designer of Milena Canonero, on a dozen of projects.
Rupic ventured into the world of costume design for film and theater as an assistant designer of Milena Canonero. She came to fame through her work as an assistant costume designer on David Fincher's Fight Club. A turning point in her career came when William A. Elliott, the production designer with whom she had worked in Meet the Spartans, introduced her to the Australian film director and scriptwriter Alister Grierson. Rupic and Grierson worked together on several projects starting with Sanctum.
Throughout her career, she has collaborated with a number of colleagues, organizations and galleries. In 2016 she collaborated with RISD students from the costume and fashion design department, as part of an international fashion design workshop.
Rupic has been assistant or lead costume designer on over a dozen films and TV series to date.
|2014-2015||Chicago Fire||Costume Designer||17 Episodes|
|2013-2014||Inside Amy Schumer||Costume Designer||16 Episodes|
|2010-2012||Damages||Costume Designer||30 Episodes|
|2010-2011||Chuck||Costume Designer||23 Episodes|
|2006||Roscoe Village||Costume Designer||3 Episodes|
|2010||La Rafle||Costume Designer|
|2014||X-Men: Days of Future Past||Assistant Costume Designer|
|2008||Meet the Spartans||Assistant Costume Designer|
|1999||Fight Club||Assistant Costume Designer|
- Fight Club, 1999-10-15, retrieved 2016-08-25
- Chuck, 2007-09-24, retrieved 2016-08-25
- "Mirela Rupic". IMDb. Retrieved 2016-08-25.
- "EDU Workshops / Costume - Fashion - Performance - Contemporary Art". New York City, NY Patch. Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- "Чикаго в огне (2012) — актеры и съемочная группа — КиноПоиск". www.kinopoisk.ru. Retrieved 2016-08-30.
- Sanctum (2011), retrieved 2016-08-25
- "Movie 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'". strubt.ch. Retrieved 2016-08-25.
- "Fight Club". Spicyonion.com. Retrieved 2016-08-25.