|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (March 2012)|
Mirella Amato at café 't Brugs Beertje in Bruges
Mirella Amato is a bilingual beer consultant, beer sommelier, and author based in Toronto, Ontario, a foremost specialist on Beer in Canada. She was the first woman in Canada to become a Certified Cicerone  and, in 2012, became the first non-US resident to earn the Master Cicerone® certification. Amato is one of very few judges in the Beer Judge Certification Program in Canada to have reached the National Level of certification. She is also the recipient of the 2012 Ontario Craft Brewers Centre of Excellence Industry Choice Award in Food & Beer Matching Development.
In 2008, Amato founded Beerology, a company through which she offers guided beer tastings, staff training and consulting. Amato is the co-founder of the Toronto-based cask ale advocacy group Cask!. She is also the founder of the Toronto Chapter of the women-only international beer-appreciation society, Barley’s Angels 
Amato has appeared on CBC Radio, History Television, CityTV's Breakfast Television  Canada.com  and writes regularly for TAPS Magazine. She also contributed a number of entries to the Oxford Companions to Beer. Her first book, Beerology: Everything You Need to Know to Enjoy Beer…Even More, published by Appetite  by Random House, was released on May 27, 2014.
- Cicerone Certification Program 2012 Accessed March 12, 2012
- Master Cicerone Certification Program 2012 Accessed December 11, 2012
- Beer Judge Certification Program 2012. Accessed March 12, 2012.
- Ontario Craft Brewers Association 2012 Accessed December 11, 2012
- Beerology Accessed March 3, 2012
- Toronto Sun 2011. Accessed March 12, 2012
- Beerology: Services Accessed March 12, 2012
- Cask! 2008. Accessed March 8, 2012
- "Barleys Angels Toronto". Barleys Angels Toronto. Retrieved 2015-09-09.
- Barley’s Angels. Accessed March 12, 2012
- CBC Radio 2011 Accessed February 22, 2012
- Here and Now February 11, 2011 Accessed March 9, 2012
- Beer: What's In a Name? 2012 Accessed March 12, 2012
- Breakfast Television, June 25, 2010 Accessed March 12, 2012
- Canada.com 2012 Accessed March 12, 2012
- TAPS Magazine, 2012 Accessed March 12, 2012
- Google Books 2011. Accessed March 12, 2012
- Random House 2014 Accessed June 23
- Appetite by Random House Accessed June 23, 2014
- Amazon.com Accessed June 23