Miri Rubin (born 1956) is a historian of the Middle Ages who is Professor of Early Modern History at Queen Mary University of London. She was educated at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the University of Cambridge, where she gained her doctorate and was later awarded a research fellowship and a post-doctoral research fellowship at Girton College. Rubin studies the social and religious history of Europe between 1100 and 1500, concentrating on the interactions between public rituals, power, and community life.
In 2012 she gave a Turku Agora Lecture.
- Rubin, Miri (1987). Charity and community in Medieval Cambridge. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Corpus Christi: The Eucharist in Late Medieval Culture (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1991), ISBN 0-521-35605-9
- Church and City, 1000-1500: Essays in Honour of Christopher Brooke (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1992), ISBN 0-521-35611-3, ed. with David Abulafia and Michael Franklin
- Framing Medieval Bodies (Manchester: Manchester University Press, 1994), ISBN 0-7190-3615-1, ed. with Sarah Kay
- The Work of Jacques Le Goff and the Challenges of Medieval History (Woodbridge: Boydell Press, 1997), ISBN 0-85115-622-3
- Gentile Tales: The Narrative Assault on Late Medieval Jews (New Haven: Yale University Press, 1999), ISBN 0-300-07612-6
- The Hollow Crown: A History of Britain in the Late Middle Ages (London: Allen Lane, 2005), ISBN 0-7139-9066-X
- Love, Friendship and Faith in Europe, 1300-1800 (Houndmills: Palgrave Macmillan, 2005), ISBN 1-4039-9147-2, ed. with Laura Gowing and Michael Hunter
- Mother of God: A History of the Virgin Mary (Allen Lane, 2009), ISBN 0-7139-9818-0
|Date||Review article||Work(s) reviewed|
|2013||"[Untitled review]". Reviews. History Today. 63 (11): 63–64. November 2013. Retrieved 2015-11-21.||MacCulloch, Diarmaid (2013). Silence : a Christian history. London: Allen Lane.|
- "Professor Miri Rubin: Professor of Medieval and Early Modern History". Queen Mary, University of London. Archived from the original on 24 October 2012. Retrieved 27 June 2013.
- "Agora Lecture – Miri Rubin: Learning to Love: the Virgin Mary in European Culture". 23 October 2012.
|This article about a British historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|