|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Miss Earth Tanzania
Miss Earth 2008 (1st runner-up)
Miss East Africa (second runner up)
Miriam Odemba (born 1983) (from Arusha, Tanzania) is Miss Tanzania Earth 2008 and Miss Earth Air 2008 (first runner up). Odemba is a Tanzanian model. She is one of the best models from her country where she started her modeling career at an early age and emerged into the limelight in 1997 when she won the Miss Temeke title. The following year she took part in the Miss East Africa beauty pageant and finished second.
At 13, her life was tough and her parents had to move to their uncle. She always wondered what life was all about then. As she grew older, she perceived God’s message of love and started appreciating everything around her especially the nature, God’s greatest gift to not only to her but to all of us.
Miss Earth 2008
In the final competition of the eighth edition of the international beauty pageant Miss Earth, Odemba was announced as one of sixteen semi-finalists who would move forward to compete for the title. She achieved one of the eight highest scores in the swimsuit competition for her stage chops, which advanced her as one of the top eight finalists to participate in the evening gown competition. She then pulled away for the lead as she articulated in her video interview about environmental concerns as a key issue in her country, in which she advanced to the top four.
In the last round, the court of four were asked one question, “What would you tell US president-elect Barack Obama about the state of the global environment if ever you were to meet him?” She placed the second highest score in the interview round and at the conclusion of the competition, she was crowned Miss Earth Air.
Odemba also won Miss Aficionado, a minor award. Other winners include: Miss Philippines Karla Paula Henry as Miss Earth 2008, Miss Mexico Abigail Elizalde as Miss Earth-Water (second runner-up), Miss Brazil Tatiane Alves as Miss Earth-Fire (third runner-up). Miriam returned home on November 24 to her country, Tanzania. Maria, her national director and whose company named Odemba as the country’s envoy to the Miss Earth global pageant, welcomed her and prepared a tumultuous homecoming with a parade and press conference for winning Miss Earth Air 2008. The Miss Earth pageant was held on November 9, 2008 at the Clark Expo Amphitheater in Angeles City, Pampanga, Philippines. Eighty-five delegates arrived from October 19, 2008 in the Philippines. The pageant was broadcast live via ABS-CBN in the Philippines and to many countries worldwide via Star World, The Filipino Channel and other partner networks.
Odemba's closest friend among the Miss Earth 2008 top four runner-up winners—named after the four elements—is her pageant roommate Karla Henry, Miss Earth 2008 from the Philippines. They plan to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in the near future.
- News, Tanzania (2008-11-11). "Odemba set to seal lucrative management contract". This Day, United Republic of Tanzania. Retrieved 2008-11-30.[dead link]
- Odemba Biography
- News, Jamaican (2008-11-19). "Miss Earth Post Coronation". The Jamaicans. Retrieved 2008-11-28.
- Vitug, Joseph M. (2008-11-09). "Miss Earth 2008: At The Homestretch". The OPMB Worldwide. Check date values in:
- Omary, Majuto (2008-11-11). "Miriam Odemba akuna wengi Miss Earth". Mwananchi. Retrieved 2008-11-16.[dead link]
- Jasso, Alejandro (2008-11-18). "Abigail Elizalde, quien gana la corona, de Miss Earth Water en Filipinas, promete sembrar 20 mil árboles". Noticias Oaxaca, Mexico. Retrieved 2008-11-22.[dead link]
- Lebumfacil, Marigold (2008-11-11). "Cebu bet is 1st asian to win Miss Earth". Philippine Star. Retrieved 2008-11-15.
- Č., M. (2008-11-05). "Bojana Traljić juri krunu". Blic Online, Serbia. Retrieved 2008-11-28.
- News, Online (2008-11-10). "Filipinler'de düzenlenen ve 85 ülkenin güzellerinin yarıştığı Kainat Güzellik Yarışması önceki gece yapıldı". Kıbrıs Gazetesi, Cyprus. Retrieved 2008-11-28.
- Jorge, Rome (2008-11-16). "Miss Earth 2008: The world of Karla Paula Ginteroy Henry". The Manila Times (Sunday Times). Retrieved 2008-11-16.
- Global Beauties- Miss Earth 2008 Special Coverage
- Omary, Majuto (2008-11-10). "Tanzanian shines in Miss Earth pageant". The Citizen Daily, United Republic of Tanzania. Retrieved 2008-11-30.
- Reporter, Daily News (2008-11-24). "Odemba to back green revolution drive". Daily News Online, United Republic of Tanzania. Retrieved 2008-11-30.
- Favila, Aaron (2008-09-16). "Filipinas recebem concurso da Miss Terra 2008". The Associated Press and Globo. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- Berioso, Noli (2008-09-16). "The 8th Wonder of The Earth Begins". The OPMB Worldwide. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- Adina, Armin (2008-11-10). "RP bet crowned Ms Earth 2008". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 2008-11-28.
Angel Delight Kileo
|Miss Tanzania Earth