|IATA: MJZ – ICAO: UERR|
|Operator||Alrosa Mirny Air Enterprise|
|Serves||Mirny, Sakha Republic, Russia|
|Elevation AMSL||1,155 ft / 352 m|
Sakha Republic in Russia
Mirny Airport (Russian: Аэропорт Мирный) (IATA: MJZ, ICAO: UERR) is an airport in Yakutia, Russia, located 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) east of the mining town of Mirny. It handles medium-sized airliners and supports 24-hour flight operations. Mirny airport serves as a diversion airport on Polar route 3. The airport is home base for Alrosa Mirny Air Enterprise.
Airlines and destinations
Accidents and incidents
- On November 1, 2009, an Ilyushin Il-76 cargo jet of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs crashed soon after take-off from Mirny airport, killing all 11 people on board. It was on a repositioning flight to Irkutsk Airport after delivering cargo to Mirny. The Il-76 banked to the right and crashed into the ground near an old diamond mine.
- Airport information for UERR at Great Circle Mapper.
- Airport information for Mirny Airport at Search (for) Travel website.
- Boeing-conducted Airport safety and operational assessments
- New Cross-Polar Routes
- "РАСПИСАНИЕ" (PDF). Angara Airlines. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "Из Толмачёво в Читу, Мирный и Иркутск на новых Ан-148". Пресс-центр. Tolmachevo Airport. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- L, J (1 December 2014). "S7 Airlines Adds Novosibirsk Domestic Routes in S15". Airline Route. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Berry, Lynn for Associated Press. "Russian military cargo plane crashes on takeoff, killing all 11 crew members on board". Dailypress.com, 1 November 2009.
- (Russian) Alrosa Mirny Air Enterprise
- Mirny Airport (Аэропорт Мирный) at Russian Airports Database
- Airport information for UERR at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Current weather for UERR at NOAA/NWS
- Historical Weather Records for Mirny
- Accident history for MJZ at Aviation Safety Network
- (Russian) Airport Mirny Aviateka.Handbook
|This article about an airport in Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|