Krstic in 2014
|Born||September 14, 1964 (age 54–55)|
|Residence||San Diego, California, U.S.A.|
|Alma mater||PhD, University of California, Santa Barbara (1994) BS, University of Belgrade Faculty of Electrical Engineering (1989)|
|Known for||PDE backstepping, extremum seeking|
|Awards||SIAM Reid Prize
ASME Nyquist Lecture Prize
Fellow of IEEE
Fellow of ASME
Fellow of SIAM
Fellow of AAAS
Fellow of IFAC
Fellow of IET
Associate Fellow of AIAA
Foreign Member, Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts
Foreign Member, Academy of Engineering of Serbia
Distinguished Member, IEEE Control Systems Society
Distinguished Visiting Fellow of Royal Academy of Engineering
Invitation Fellow of Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
Chancellor's Associates Award for Excellence in Research, UC San Diego
George Axelby Outstanding Paper Award (IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control)
O. Hugo Schuck Best Paper Award (American Control Conference)
ONR Young Investigator Award
PECASE awardLancaster Best Dissertation Award, UC Santa Barbara
|Institutions||University of California, San Diego|
|Doctoral advisor||Petar V. Kokotovic|
Miroslav Krstic (Serbian Cyrillic: Мирослав Крстић) is a control theorist, distinguished professor, senior associate vice chancellor for research, and director of a control systems research center at University of California, San Diego (UCSD).
His control designs have had impact in semiconductor manufacturing, oil drilling, Lithium-ion batteries, automotive and jet engines, charged particle accelerators, and nuclear fusion.
Krstic is a coauthor of 13 books and over 320 journal papers. He is among the most highly cited researchers in the field of control systems according to Scopus and Google Scholar, with an h-index over 85.
Krstic's recognitions include the SIAM Reid Prize, the ASME Oldenburger Medal and Nyquist Lecture Prize, AACC Ragazzini Education Award, and IFAC Chestnut Textbook Award.
He has been awarded the rank of Fellow of the following scientific societies: IEEE (electrical engineering), ASME (mechanical engineering), SIAM (applied mathematics), AAAS (sciences), IFAC (control theory), IET (UK), and AIAA (aerospace engineering).
Krstic has held leading editorial positions in the premier journals in control theory, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Automatica, and Systems & Control Letters.
In addition to his work in research, education, and editorship, Krstic has served UC San Diego as Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for Research since 2012.
- Nonlinear and adaptive control design. With Ioannis Kanellakopoulos and Petar Kokotović, 1995.
- Stabilization of nonlinear uncertain systems. With Hua Deng, 1998.
- Flow control by feedback : stabilization and mixing. With Ole Morten Aamo, 2003.
- Real time optimization by extremum seeking control. With Kartik B. Ariyur, 2003.
- Boundary control of PDEs : a course on backstepping designs. With Andrey Smyshlyaev, 2008.
- Control of turbulent and magnetohydrodynamic channel flows : boundary stabilization and state estimation. With Rafael Vazquez, 2008.
- Delay compensation for nonlinear, adaptive, and PDE systems, 2009.
- Adaptive control for parabolic PDEs. With Andrey Smyshlyaev, 2010.
- Stochastic averaging and stochastic extremum seeking. With Shujun Liu, 2012.
- Nonlinear control under nonconstant delays. With Nikolaos Bekiaris-Liberis, 2013.
- Predictor feedback for delay systems: Implementations and approximations. With Iasson Karafyllis, 2017.
- Model-free stabilization by extremum seeking. With Alexander Schenker, 2017.
- Input-to-state stability for PDEs. With Iasson Karafyllis, 2018.