|Born||10 March 1985|
|Occupation||Digital entrepreneur, investor, speaker|
|Known for||CEO and Founder of Fashion Tech Lab (FTL), Buro247.com;|
Miroslava Duma is a Russian digital entrepreneur and investor in international fashion. She is the founder of the digital company Buro 24/7 and its fashion and lifestyle platform Buro247.com. Duma is the CEO and founder of Future Tech Lab, a venture capital fund.
Early life and education
Miroslava was born in 1985 in Surgut, Russia as a daughter of Russian senator and politician Vasily Duma. She graduated from the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO) in 2008 with a Master’s degree in International Business and Business Administration. She is married to Aleksey Mikheev, an entrepreneur working in the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade. They have two children, George born in 2010 and Anna born in 2014.
Duma started her fashion career as a Special Projects Director at Harper's Bazaar. She moved into freelance writing working for magazines including Vogue, Tatler, Forbes Woman and Glamour (Russian versions). She became famous following the appearance in photos of her outfits in popular fashion blogs such as The Sartorialist. She has been photographed by Garance Dore and Scott Schuman.
Duma founded Buro 24/7 in 2011, which is a website for art, architecture, cinema, fashion, music and style. In July 2017, Buro 24/7 acquired a majority stake in fashion magazine System. In the same year, she founded Future Tech Lab (FTL), an investment and technology company. In March 2018, Duma left Buro 24/7 to focus on FTL.
Duma has invested in Reformation (a greenfashion brand), Dropel Fabrics, RewardStyle, and Finery. Duma has been a member of the advisory board of Diamond Foundry of San Francisco since 2016. She joined New York Fashion Tech Labs, a twelve-week program for fashion technology startups, as a mentor.
Miroslava has featured as a keynote speaker and a panelist at Web Summit, Founders Forum, Slush, Financial Times Business of Luxury, Alibaba Global Women Entrepreneurship Forum in China, St Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF), The Copenhagen Fashion Summit, DLD conference in Munich, Vogue Fashion Festival in London, Nikkei Pioneers Asia in Japan, and New York Academy of Sciences: The Change Fashion Challenge.
In 2005, Duma founded charity organization named Peace Planet which aims to help children in need of medical assistance or education.
- "Miroslava Duma Launches Fashion Tech Lab with $50 Million to Invest". The Business of Fashion. 2017-05-12. Archived from the original on 2017-11-07. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- Wilson, Eric (2012-06-29). "The Russians Claim the Fashion Spotlight". The New York Times. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- Gray, Nathan. "A working fashionista". The Moscow News. Archived from the original on 13 October 2014. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Miroslava Duma and Her Style". Fashion Inspo. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Who's that girl? Miroslava Duma". fashion.telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "Miroslava Duma Named in the Mueller Report". Vogue. Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- Price, Leslie (2013-10-01). "Miroslava Duma's Beauty Routine; Tamara Mellon's Memoir". Racked. Retrieved 2019-05-31.
- "News Bites | Buro 24/7 Partners with System, ES Magazine's Tribute to London". Archived from the original on 2017-08-03. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Who Is the Fashion Czarina and Art-World Socialite Miroslava Duma, Recently Named in the Mueller Report?". artnet News. 2019-04-19. Retrieved 2019-05-31.
- "Reformation Raises $12 Million from Stripes Group, 14W and Karlie Kloss". Fashionista. Archived from the original on 2017-11-07. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- "Модная Россия: инвестиции в одежду позволяют изменить ее внешний вид и процесс покупки" (in Russian). Forbes Russia. Archived from the original on 22 October 2017. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "RewardStyle Raises $15 Million From Maverick, Miroslava Duma". WWD. 30 June 2015. Archived from the original on 2015-07-02. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- "Finery Aims to Succeed Where Other Virtual Closets Have Not". The Business of Fashion. 2017-03-09. Archived from the original on 2017-11-07. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- "Subscribe to read". Financial Times. Archived from the original on 2017-11-07. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- Spellings, Sarah (2019-04-18). "Why Is a Russian Fashion Influencer in the Mueller Report?". The Cut. Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- Miroslava Duma.
- Turra, Alessandra; Turra, Alessandra (2017-12-19). "Judges Revealed for International Woolmark Prize Global Final". WWD. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- "Lessons from the stylish: Miroslava Duma, 29, businesswoman - Telegraph". fashion.telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-05-25.