This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||10 March 1985|
|Occupation||Digital entrepreneur, investor, speaker|
|Known for||CEO and Founder of Fashion Tech Lab (FTL), Buro247.com;|
Miroslava Duma is a Russian digital entrepreneur and investor in the world of international fashion. She is the founder of the digital company Buro 24/7 and its fashion and lifestyle platform Buro247.com. Duma is the CEO and founder of Future Tech Lab, a venture capital fund.
Duma founded Buro 24/7 in 2011, which is a website for art, architecture, cinema, fashion, music and style. The platform is available in Australia, Azerbaijan, Croatia, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Mexico, the Middle East, Mongolia, Russia, Singapore and Ukraine. Expansion into further countries is planned.
In July 2017, Buro 24/7 announced the acquisition of a majority stake in fashion magazine System. The two companies share teams, resources, and a brand identity, with Buro 24/7 moving its international HQ from Moscow to London.
In 2017 Duma founded Future Tech Lab (FTL). FTL is structured as a hybrid that combines an investment company, a multinational accelerator and an experimental laboratory. FTL specializes in smart textiles and bio– and nanotechnologies.
Duma has invested in Reformation (a greenfashion brand), Dropel Fabrics, RewardStyle, and Finery. Duma has been a member of the advisory board of Diamond Foundry of San Francisco since 2016.
Duma joined New York Fashion Tech Labs as a mentor. The NYFTL is a twelve-week program that provides early growth stage fashion technology companies with access to New York’s leading fashion retailers and brands.
Miroslava is a regular speaker and commentator on business, digital, media and sustainability, and has featured as a keynote speaker and a panelist at Web Summit, Founders Forum, Slush, Financial Times Business of Luxury, Alibaba Global Women Entrepreneurship Forum in China, St Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF), The Copenhagen Fashion Summit, DLD conference in Munich, Vogue Fashion Festival in London, Fashion Tech Forum in New York, Digital Summit LVMH, Nikkei Pioneers Asia in Japan, New York Academy of Science: The Change Fashion Challenge, and Start Up Grind in China, among others.
Miroslava has appeared on the judging panels of International Woolmark Prize, LVMH Prize and as a guest lecturer at Parsons School of Design.
Aiming at sharing her substantial entrepreneurship experience with the next generation of female fashion technology founders, Miroslava joined The New York Fashion Tech Labs as a mentor. The NYFTL is a twelve-week program that provides a selected group of early and growth stage fashion technology companies with unprecedented access to New York’s leading fashion retailers and brands.
- "Miroslava Duma Launches Fashion Tech Lab with $50 Million to Invest". The Business of Fashion. 2017-05-12. Archived from the original on 2017-11-07. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- Gray, Nathan. "A working fashionista". The Moscow News. Archived from the original on 13 October 2014. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "News Bites | Buro 24/7 Partners with System, ES Magazine's Tribute to London". Archived from the original on 2017-08-03. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Reformation Raises $12 Million from Stripes Group, 14W and Karlie Kloss". Fashionista. Archived from the original on 2017-11-07. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- "Модная Россия: инвестиции в одежду позволяют изменить ее внешний вид и процесс покупки". Forbes Russia. Archived from the original on 22 October 2017. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "RewardStyle Raises $15 Million From Maverick, Miroslava Duma". WWD. 30 June 2015. Archived from the original on 2015-07-02. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- "Finery Aims to Succeed Where Other Virtual Closets Have Not". The Business of Fashion. 2017-03-09. Archived from the original on 2017-11-07. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- "Subscribe to read". Financial Times. Archived from the original on 2017-11-07. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Miroslava Duma and Her Style". Fashion Inspo. Archived from the original on 26 March 2015. Retrieved 24 August 2015.