|Occupation||Digital entrepreneur, investor, speaker|
|Known for||CEO and Founder of Fashion Tech Lab (FTL), Buro247.com|
Miroslava Duma (Russian: Мирослава Дума; born 10 March 1985) is a Russian digital entrepreneur and investor in international fashion. She is the founder of the digital company Buro 24/7. Duma is the CEO and founder of Future Tech Lab, a venture capital fund.
Duma was born in 1985 in Surgut, Russian SFSR. Her father, Vasiliy Duma, was a senator in the Russian Federation until 2011. From 1997 to 1998, he headed a department of the Ministry of Fuel and Energy and later was president of LUKOIL-Transnefteprodukt company.
Miroslava is married to Aleksey Mikheev, a Russian entrepreneur. They have three children.
Duma founded Buro 24/7 in 2011, which is a website for art, architecture, cinema, fashion, music and style. In July 2017, Buro 24/7 acquired a majority stake in fashion magazine System.
In 2016, Duma cofounded The Tot, a children's fashion company, with Nasiba Adilova.
In 2017, Duma founded Future Tech Lab (FTL), an investment and technology company.
In 2018, Duma was removed from the board of The Tot and from Buro 24/7, after she shared a note on Instagram from fashion designer Ulyana Sergeenko containing a racial slur, and after a video was released of her making transphobic comments. Duma publicly apologized after the incidents.
Duma has invested in Reformation (a greenfashion brand), Dropel Fabrics, RewardStyle, and Finery. Duma has been a member of the advisory board of Diamond Foundry of San Francisco since 2016.
Duma joined New York Fashion Tech Labs as a mentor. The NYFTL is a twelve-week program for fashion technology startups.
Miroslava has featured as a keynote speaker and a panelist at Web Summit, Founders Forum, Slush, Financial Times Business of Luxury, Alibaba Global Women Entrepreneurship Forum in China, St Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF), The Copenhagen Fashion Summit, DLD conference in Munich, Vogue Fashion Festival in London, Nikkei Pioneers Asia in Japan, and New York Academy of Sciences: The Change Fashion Challenge.
Miroslava has appeared on the judging panels of International Woolmark Prize, LVMH Prize and as a guest lecturer at Parsons School of Design.
- Friedman, Vanessa (26 January 2018). "At Couture, Lofty Traditions Face the New Swiftness of Fury". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 26 September 2019.
- Pithers, Ellie (6 September 2018). "Who's that girl? Miroslava Duma". The Daily Telegraph.
- "Miroslava Duma Launches Fashion Tech Lab with $50 Million to Invest". The Business of Fashion. 12 May 2017. Archived from the original on 7 November 2017. Retrieved 31 October 2017.
- Tong, Julie (24 January 2017). "Street Style Star Miroslava Duma Wears a Patagonia Trucker Hat to Dior Haute Couture Show". Yahoo. Retrieved 27 September 2019.
- Gray, Nathan. "A working fashionista". The Moscow News. Archived from the original on 13 October 2014. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Miroslava Duma and Her Style". Fashion Inspo. Archived from the original on 26 March 2015. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "News Bites | Buro 24/7 Partners with System, ES Magazine's Tribute to London". Archived from the original on 3 August 2017. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "The Boss: Nasiba Adilova Turned Her Frustrations as a New Mom Into a Luxury E-Comm Startup". Time. 13 December 2017. Retrieved 15 November 2020.
- "Miroslava Duma Is At The Centre Of Fashion's First Fake News Scandal". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "Designer Ulyana Sergeenko Faces Backlash After Using Racial Slur During Couture Week". Harper's Bazaar. 23 January 2018. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- Theodosi, Lorelei Marfil,Natalie (24 January 2018). "Fashion Figures Slam Miroslava Duma for Offensive Comments". WWD. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- Young, Sarah (25 January 2018). "Naomi Campbell Condemns Russian Designer for Writing N-Word in Note". The Independent. Retrieved 13 June 2020.
- "Reformation Raises $12 Million from Stripes Group, 14W and Karlie Kloss". Fashionista. Archived from the original on 7 November 2017. Retrieved 31 October 2017.
- "Модная Россия: инвестиции в одежду позволяют изменить ее внешний вид и процесс покупки". Forbes Russia. Archived from the original on 22 October 2017. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "RewardStyle Raises $15 Million From Maverick, Miroslava Duma". WWD. 30 June 2015. Archived from the original on 2 July 2015. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- "Finery Aims to Succeed Where Other Virtual Closets Have Not". The Business of Fashion. 9 March 2017. Archived from the original on 7 November 2017. Retrieved 31 October 2017.
- Ellison, Jo (15 May 2017). "Miroslava Duma's New Industrial Revolution". Financial Times. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- Pithers, Ellie (26 April 2014). "Lessons from the stylish: Miroslava Duma, 29, businesswoman". The Daily Telegraph.