Miryo on May 24, 2018
November 2, 1981
Seoul, South Korea
|Revised Romanization||Jo Mi-hye|
Jo Mi-hye (born November 2, 1981), better known by her stage name Miryo, is a South Korean rapper, songwriter and record producer. She is currently the rapper of girl group Brown Eyed Girls, and is a former member of rap group Honey Family. Miryo debuted as a soloist in 2012, after appearing as a producer in the first season of Show Me the Money.
Miryo began her music career in 1999, when she featured on a song by underground hip-hop group Honey Family. She joined the group as the main female rapper the following year, and participated in their second album. After the team disbanded, she featured in other hip-hop artists' songs, such as former groupmate Gil Seong-joon from Leessang, and MC Mong. Soon after, Miryo received and accepted an offer from singer JeA to join Brown Eyed Girls. She became the rapper of the group, which debuted with an album entitled "Your Story" in March 2006. Brown Eyed Girls eventually achieved mainstream success in 2009 with their hit song Abracadabra, which was followed up by their equally acclaimed song "Sixth Sense" in 2011.
In 2012, Miryo appeared as a producer on the rap competition TV show Show Me the Money, and was the only female judge. During the show she mentored Cheetah, who went on to win the first season of Unpretty Rapstar three years later. After her appearance on Show Me the Money, she made her solo debut with the self-produced album "MIRYO aka JOHONEY". The album featured a variety of artists who ranged from idols to hip hop heavyweights. Brown Eyed Girls returned with their fifth studio album Black Box in July 2013, and promoted the title song Kill Bill. In November of that year, Miryo and fellow Brown Eyed Girls member Narsha formed a subunit called M&N. The subunit released their first single, entitled "Tonight", on November 11.
Miryo released her single album "Queen" in July 2015, with the title song featuring her groupmate Ga-In. In September of that year, she and the other members of Brown Eyed Girls left their agency Nega Network. The group signed with Mystic Entertainment in October, and released their album Basic the next month.
In addition to being a rapper, Miryo is also a songwriter. Among female idols, Miryo has copyright to the most songs, having a total of 56 songs by March 2013. She has been a composer and lyricist for Honey Family and also her current group Brown Eyed Girls.
|Album Information||Track Listing|
|MIRYO aka JOHONEY|
Rock, Paper, Scissor (with Giant Pink)
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions|
Other charted songs
|2012||"Party Rock" (feat. Gary of Leessang, THE KOXX)||34||34||MIRYO aka JOHONEY|
|"I Love You, I Love You" (feat. Sunny of Girls' Generation)||56||51|
|"Leggo" (feat. Narsha of Brown Eyed Girls)||78||79|
|"Revenger" (feat. Rude Paper)||126||—|
|2012||Show Me the Money||Mnet||Judge|
|2015||Hello Counselor||KBS||with Brown Eyed Girls|
|2016||Unpretty Rapstar 3||Mnet||Contestant|
- choiwj (February 27, 2012). "Miryo sits down for an interview with 'Men's Health' magazine". Allkpop.com. Retrieved 2013-04-17.
- asphodel (January 31, 2012). "Miryo releases debut album, 'Miryo AKA Johoney'". Allkpop.com. Retrieved 2013-04-17.
- "Miryo and Narsha to form first Brown Eyed Girls sub-unit | allkpop.com". www.allkpop.com. Retrieved 2016-04-22.
- "Brown Eyed Girls' JeA, Narsha, and Miryo officially become free agents | allkpop.com". www.allkpop.com. Retrieved 2016-04-22.
- "Brown Eyed Girls on Twitter". Twitter. 2015-11-04. Retrieved 2016-04-22.
- "인스티즈(instiz, 音思提资) - 국내 최대의 연예오락 커뮤니티". 2018-10-12.
- ohgelie (January 4, 2011). "Brown Eyed Girls Miryo's impressive resume revealed". Koreaboo.com. Archived from the original on June 29, 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-17.
- "네이버 뮤직 :: MIRYO aka JOHONEY - 미료".
- "미료, 2月 가요대전 합류.. 싱글 'COME' 13일 발표". TenAsia (in Korean). 2018-02-08. Retrieved February 13, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miryo.|