|MP of Rajya Sabha for Bihar|
Assumed office |
8 July 2016
|Preceded by||Pavan Kumar Varma, JD(U)|
|Spouse(s)||Shailendra Kumar (m.1999)|
Lalu Prasad Yadav (Father)|
Rabri Devi (Mother)
Tejashwi Yadav (Sibling)
Tej Pratap Yadav (Sibling)
Rajlaxmi Yadav (Sibling)
Tej Pratap Singh Yadav (Brother-in-law)
Misa Bharti is an Indian politician from the state of Bihar and the daughter of Lalu Prasad Yadav and Rabri Devi. In 2014, she had unsuccessfully contested for the Lok Sabha seat of Patliputra and had lost to RJD rebel Ram Kripal Yadav who had joined BJP.
Early life and education
Misha joined MBBS course in Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College, Jamshedpur in 1993 under TISCO quota, although, she failed the entrance examination. Misa Bharati married Shailendra Kumar, a computer engineer, on December 10, 1999. The couple has three children- two daughters and one son.
On 20 June 2017, the Income Tax attached Benami properties belonging to Misa Bharti & her family worth over Rs. 175 crores (25m usd). This was done after Misa did not appear before the investigating officer after being served two summons.
- "Piyush Goyal, Chidambaram, Suresh Prabhu, Sharad Yadav elected to Rajya Sabha". 3 June 2016. Retrieved 25 October 2017 – via The Economic Times.
- "P Chidambaram, Suresh Prabhu get straight road to RS, polls hot up in five states". Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- "Misha pal in JD(U), may fight Tej in polls".
- "Now, Laloo Yadav secures MBBS seat for his second daughter through backdoor".
- "A marriage made in 1, Anne Marg".
- "Another double for grandfather Lalu".
- Ltd, Interaction One Pvt. "Seven things you didn't know about Misa Bharti - Republic World". Republic World. Retrieved 2017-11-06.