Mischief Night (2013 film)
|Directed by||Richard Schenkman|
Michael L. Walker
Eric D. Wilkinson
Eric D. Wilkinson
Adam C. Edwards
Daniel Hugh Kelly
|Music by||Anastasia Devana|
|Cinematography||Richard J. Vialet|
|Edited by||Ana Florit|
|Distributed by||Image Entertainment|
This article needs an improved plot summary. (March 2018)
Emily Walton is a young woman who suffers from psychosomatic blindness caused by a car accident that killed her mother. Emily is trying to adjust to her blindness and at the same time is being smothered by her father. On Mischief Night, when her father goes out on a date leaving her alone, she is terrorized by a hooded figure. Emily must fight for her life in order to survive and protect herself and everyone she holds dear from the intruder.
- Noell Coet as Emily Walton
- Ian Bamberg as Jimmy
- Adam C. Edwards as The Intruder
- Stephanie Erb as Lauren
- Daniel Hugh Kelly as David Walton
- Erica Leerhsen as Kim
- Shannon Makhanian as Emily's Mother
- Charlie O'Connell
- Richard Riehle
- Ally Walker
"It's been a mad dash, but we've made it across the finish line and Mischief Night is finished. I could not be more pleased with how it all came together. It looks great and sounds great. The score by Anastasia Devana is powerful and evocative, Richard Vialet's photography is beautiful, and the entire cast gave it everything they had. I think we've made a film which not only will please genre fans, but also a more general audience."— Richard Schenkman
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2014)
Jamie S. Rich from The Oregonian gave the film a positive review stating, "It works fairly well, and Mischief Night should make for a pretty good pregame show the night before Halloween". Felix Vasquez Jr. from Cinema Crazed.com stated in his review on the film, "Surely it won’t win awards for originality, but it takes a pretty old idea and transforms it in to a very entertaining stalk and slash horror film worth watching". Alan Spencer from Cinesploitation.com gave the film a positive review stating, "Mischief Night is based more on execution and suspense rather than bloodletting. If you’ve seen them all, I say give this one a try. It stands out against the current standard slasher tripe".
Eric Havens from Downright Creepy.com called the film "shallow and superficial". Havens concluded his review by writing, "What could have been a fleshed out story of a girl dealing with grief and guilt becomes nothing but a scream session filled with vague intentions and no real resolution. While this fits in fine with the theory of horror film as symbolic sacrifice, it does little to make Mischief Night a good film." Brad McHargue from Dread Central gave the film a score of 2.5 out of 5, calling it "a The Strangers rehash, replete with similar motives and set-ups". McHargue also criticized the film's uninspired direction, slow pacing, and performances, which he called "a mixed bag". Patrick Cooper from Bloody Disgusting offered similar criticism, stating that the film was "too bogged down by its disjointed pacing and narrative to really hit the mark."
- "MISCHIEF NIGHT IS COMING". theconduitspeaks.com. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- "Mischief Night (2013) - Richard Schenkman". Allmovie.com. AllMovie. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "Amazon.com: Mischief Night: Noell Coet, Daniel Hugh Kelly, Charlie O'Connell, Erica Leerhsen, Stephanie Erb, Ally Walker, Richard Schenkman: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Amazon. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "Mischief Night (2013) - Rotten Tomatoes". Rotten Tomatoes.com. Flixer. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- Rich, Jamie. "'Mischief Night,' a retro slasher movie to kick off Halloween: Indie & art house films". OregonLive.com. Jamie S. Rich. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- Vasquez, Felix. "Mischief Night (2013) (DVD) | Cinema Crazed - Celebrating Film Culture & Pop Culture". Cinema Crazed.com. Felix Vasquez Jr. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- Spencer, Alan. "Mischief Night (2013, DVD Review)". Cinesploitation.com. Alan Spencer. Archived from the original on 8 November 2014. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- Havens, Eric. "REVIEW: Mischief Night | Downright Creepy". Downright Creepy.com. Eric Havens. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- McHargue, Brad. "Mischief Night (2013) - Dread Central". Dread Central.com. Brad McHargue. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- Cooper, Patrick. "[BD Review] 'Mischief Night' Ups the Home Invasion Ante But Fails to Follow Through - Bloody Disgusting". Bloody Disgusting.com. Patrick Cooper. Retrieved 18 July 2018.