|Genres||Technical death metal|
|Associated acts||Solution .45, Inevitable End, The Few Against Many, Scar Symmetry, Crimson Moonlight|
Marcus "Skägget" Bertilsson
Miseration is a Swedish death metal band formed in 2006. Their lyrics primarily deal with themes of inner struggles and religious conflict. The band is one out of a collection of collaborations with both former Crimson Moonlight guitarist Jani Stefanovic and former Scar Symmetry vocalist Christian Älvestam; for example, both also play with Solution .45. Miserations' first album Your Demons – Their Angels was released September 20, 2008.
The Mirroring Shadow
Musically it's definitely a step up, intensity- and aggression-wise; also being more technical than its predecessor. Even so, there are still a lot of melodic landscapes there to explore. Put together, this progression both came and felt very natural to us, once the new material started to take shape.— Miseration
Brian Sweeney of Metal Review wrote "There has been some debate over whether Miseration is a Christian band. "Most of the music and lyrics were written by guitarist Jani Stefanovic (Divinefire, Essence of Sorrow) for a band called Renascent, which he co-founded, then quit early on, taking his songs with him to Miseration. Stefanovic is a big-time Christian, along with everybody else in the band except vocalist Alvestam. So, in deference to the singer’s absence of faith, songwriter Stefanovic toned down what might have otherwise been mega-Christian lyrics to thinly veiled Christian lyrics. But they’re technically in the realm of religio-neutrality. Technically."
- Christian Älvestam (2006–present) – lead vocals
- Jani Stefanovic (2006–2010, 2011–present) – lead guitar, bass guitar, drums
- Marcus "Skägget" Bertilsson (2006–present) – rhythm guitar
- Oskar Nilsson (2011-present) - drums
- Christian Lundgren (2012-present) - bass guitar
- Tobias Alpadie (2010–2011) - lead guitar
- Johan Ylenstrand (2006–2011) – bass guitar
- Rolf "Stuka" Pilve (2006–2011) – drums
- "Your Demons - Their Angels / Miseration" Archived 2009-09-14 at the Wayback Machine., Stomp Entertainment. Accessed on July 20, 2009
- "Miseration Completes Recording New Album, "The Mirroring Shadow"". Retrieved 30 September 2009.
- Sweeney, Brian Review of Miseration - Your Demons, Their Angels at the Wayback Machine (archive index). Metal Review. Retrieved on December 16, 2011.
- Miseration - New Album Details Revealed
|This article about a Swedish band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|