|Look up misericordia in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Misericordia is the Latin for "mercy", derived from misericors, "merciful", which is in turn derived from misereri, "to pity", and cor, "heart". In Medieval Latin, the word "misericordia" denoted various merciful things, and these senses were borrowed into English.
- Misericórdia, a parish in the municipality of Lisbon, Portugal
- Misericordia Church, Sé, Braga, Portugal
- Misericordia Community Hospital, Edmonton, Canada
- Misericordia Health Centre, Winnipeg, Canada
- Misericordia Home, Chicago, Illinois
- Misericordia University, Dallas, Pennsylvania, USA
- Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
- Archconfraternity of the Misericordia, a Roman Catholic religious congregation
- Dives in misericordia, a papal document of Saint Pope John Paul II
- Misericordiae Vultus, another papal document
- All pages with a title containing misericordia
- Misericord, church ornament
- Misericorde (weapon), a type of dagger
- Miser (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Misericordia.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.