Misery Index (band)
Misery Index in Prague (2011)
|Origin||Baltimore, Maryland, USA|
|Genres||Death metal, grindcore|
|Labels||Nuclear Blast, Relapse, Anarchos, Season of Mist|
|Associated acts||Dying Fetus|
|Past members||Kevin Talley
Misery Index is an American death metal band formed in 2001 in Baltimore, Maryland, United States, by Jason Netherton (vocals and bass guitar), Mike Harrison (vocals and guitar), and Kevin Talley (drums). From 2006–2010, its line-up consisted of Netherton on vocals and bass guitar, Sparky Voyles on guitar, Mark Kloeppel on vocals and guitar, and Adam Jarvis on drums. In 2010, Voyles left the band and was replaced by Darin Morris.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Misery Index's music is best described as death metal with strong hardcore punk and grindcore influences. Its lyrics tend to be highly critical of prevailing power structures in modern culture, everyday life and the ills of modern society, often coinciding with progressive, radical and anarchic aesthetics. Their band name is derived from the economic indicator of the same name, which was also the namesake of the last album by Assück, from whom Misery Index also draw inspiration. Through the years, the band toured extensively, notably performing over 1000 concerts in 44 different countries from 2002 until 2013.
The band runs its own record label, Anarchos Records, through which it has released a handful of titles, including its debut EP Overthrow in 2001, the Dissent EP in 2004, and the 2010 compilation Pulling Out the Nails. Misery Index's debut album, Retaliate, was released on Nuclear Blast Records in 2003. The band signed to Relapse Records in January, 2006, and released its second album, Discordia, in May 2006. Traitors, the band's third album, was released in September 2008 and its fourth album, Heirs to Thievery, was released May 11, 2010. In June 2011, the band signed to Season of Mist Records, and released its fifth full-length, The Killing Gods, in May 2014. 
- Overthrow CD/12" (2001)
- Misery Index / Commit Suicide split CD (2002)
- Misery Index / Structure of Lies split CD (2003)
- Dissent CD/12" (2004)
- Misery Index / Bathtub Shitter split 7" (2006)
- Hang Em High 7" (2007)
- Misery Index / Mumakil split CD/7" (2007)
- Misery Index / Lock Up split 7" (2011)
- Pulling Out the Nails compilation CD/LP (2010)
- Live in Munich LP (2013)
- Jason Netherton – lead vocals, bass (2001–present)
- Adam Jarvis - drums (2004-present)
- Mark Kloeppel - guitar, backing vocals (2005-present)
- Darrin Morris - guitar (2010-present)
- Kevin Talley – drums (2001–2002, 2004)
- John "Sparky" Voyles - guitar (2001-2010)
- Mike Harrison - guitar, vocals (2001-2002)
- Matt Byers - drums (2002-2004)
- Bruce Greig - guitar (2003-2004)
- "MISERY INDEX: 'Heirs To Thievery' First-Week Sales Revealed". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- "Misery Index Signs With Season Of Mist". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- "Exclusive: Jason Netherton (Misery Index) Interview « AMERICAN AFTERMATH". Americanaftermath.net. 2011-01-04. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Misery Index (band).|