||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||May 13, 1987 (age 29)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
|Occupation||Actor and dancer|
Misha Gabriel (born May 13, 1987), also known as Misha Gabriel Hamilton, is an American dancer, choreographer, and actor. He is known for dancing mainly in the shows of Janet Jackson and Michael Jackson, and for his role as Eddy in Step Up: Revolution (2012) and Step Up: All In (2014).
Life and career
Gabriel was born in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. His mother, Irina Brecher, is a ballet dancer from Romania. Gabriel, who was raised in Larkspur, Colorado, began dancing at the early age of two years. He appeared with Janet Jackson for three years in a number of her videos, TV shows, and live performances. He also took part in shows by Mariah Carey, Beyoncé, Christina Aguilera, Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, The Pussycat Dolls, Hilary Duff, John Legend, Kylie Minogue, and Omarion.
Gabriel was selected as a principal dancer for Michael Jackson's This Is It concerts and was set to perform in all 50 shows scheduled for the O2 Arena in London, England. The concerts were canceled 18 days before the dancers were set to travel to London due to Michael Jackson's death. Gabriel was subsequently featured along with the 10 other dancers in the concerts' behind the scenes film, Michael Jackson's This Is It.
He choreographed in:
- Justin Timberlake's live show FutureSex/LoveShow as a choreographer (2007)
- Music video for BoA's single "Eat You Up" in 2008
- In 2009, he was part of a planned This Is It series of 50 concerts by Michael Jackson to be held at The O2 Arena in London that was canceled because of Jackson's sudden death three weeks before the show's inaugural event. He was part of the backup dancers on Michael Jackson's This Is It
- The Pussycat Dolls' Doll Domination Tour
- The Cheetah Girls One World Tour
- Sara Lee/High School Musical 3 commercial
- Raven-Symoné's "Supernatural" and Dancing With the Stars
- Justin Bieber's Never Say Never Tour
- 2006: Clerks II (credited as )
- 2008: Center Stage: Turn It Up as a Detroit dancer
- 2009: Michael Jackson's This Is It as Himself
- 2012: Step Up: Revolution as Eddy
- 2012: Boogie Town as Matthew (post-production)
- 2014: Step Up: All In as Eddy
- 2015: It's Showtime (variety show) as himself (guest performer) on May 29, 2015 episode
- Miles, Tina (2010-06-10). "Michael Jackson's This Is It dancers host dance classes for Liverpool teens". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- Niesel, Jeff (2012-07-27). "An interview with Misha Gabriel, star of 'Step Up: Revolution' | Scene and Heard: Scene's News Blog | Cleveland Scene". Clevescene.com. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "A Global Digital Media Network". Digital Journal. 2012-08-02. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Misha Gabriel Hamilton | The Official Michael Jackson Site". Michaeljackson.com. Retrieved 2014-08-10.