Mishaal bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani
|Mishal bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani|
2 July 1972|
|House||House of Thani|
|Father||Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani|
|Mother||Mariam bint Muhammad Al Thani|
|Reference style||His Excellency|
|Spoken style||Your Excellency|
Sheikh Mishaal was named as the crown prince on 30 June 1995 after his father became the emir. Then he began to work at the ministry of foreign affairs, heading Qatari missions. He served as crown prince until 23 October 1996 when he was replaced by his half-brother Jassim bin Hamad.
He was the chairman of the Al Rayyan Sports Club, and member of Qatar Racing & Equestrian Club (QREC). He is president of the Arab Equestrian Federation.
Since 18 October 2016, Sheikh Mishaal has served as the Vice-Emir of Qatar.
Sheikh Mishal bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani has three sons and four daughters:
- Sheikh Abdullah bin Mishal bin Hamad Al Thani - Member of Qatar Racing & Equestrian Club (QREC).
- Sheikh Muhammad bin Mishal bin Hamad Al Thani.
- Sheikh Hamad bin Mishal bin Hamad Al Thani.
- Sheikha Rowdha bint Mishal bin Hamad Al Thani.
- Sheikha Mariam bint Mishal bin Hamad Al Thani.
- Sheikha Aisha bint Mishal bin Hamad Al Thani.
- Sheikha Sara bint Mishal bin Hamad Al Thani.
All members of his family are racehorse owners and closely involved in the Equestrian sports.
|Ancestors of Mishaal bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani|
- "The Line of Succession". APS Review. 19 September 2005. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "Shaikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani". APS Review Oil Market Trends. 22 September 2003. Retrieved 18 August 2013.
- Blanchard, Christopher M. (5 May 2010). "Qatar: Background and U.S. Relations". CRS Report for Congress. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- Genealogy of the Al-Thani Dynasty, Page 7 - website of The Royal Ark
|This biography of a member of a Middle Eastern royal house is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|