Mishary Rashid Alafasy
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Mishary Rashid Alafasy|
September 5, 1976 |
Kuwait City, Kuwait
|Genres||Islamic, Nasheed, Hamd, Na'at, Qirat|
|Occupation(s)||Qari, Imam, Hafiz|
Sheikh Mishary bin Rashid bin Gharib bin Muhammad Alafasy (Arabic: الشيخ مشاري بن راشد بن غارب بن محمد العفاسي; born in Kuwait on September 5, 1976) is a Kuwaiti preacher, imam quran reciter and nasheed artist. He is also known as Abu Rashid (Arabic: أبو راشد) (The father of Rashid).
Life and career
Mishary Alafasy is recognized for his unique voice and style of recitation of the Qur'an. Many reciters have come to imitate his mode of recitation.
He studied the Qur'an in the College of the Holy Qur'an at the Islamic University of Madinah (Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia). He memorized the whole Qur'an in two years from 1992 to 1994 and then studied specializing in the ten-fold reading of the Holy Qur'an. He has impressed a number of great reciters of the Qur'an with his recitation.
Mishary Al Afasy is the Imam of the Grand Mosque of Kuwait and every Ramadan he leads the Taraweeh prayers in this Mosque. He very often leads the Taraweeh prayers in the UAE and other neighboring countries in the Persian Gulf.
In 2007, he visited two mosques in the United States of America : the Islamic Center of Irvine (ICOI) in California and the Islamic Center of Detroit (ICD) in Michigan.
Alafasy has a Channel specialized in the recitations of the Holy Qur'an, Alafasy TV.
Awards and recognition
On October 25, 2008, Mishary was awarded the first Arab Creativity Oscar by the Arab Creativity Union in Egypt. The event was sponsored by the Secretary-General of the Arab League, Amr Moussa as a recognition of Mishary Alafasy role in promoting Islamic principles and teachings.
Al-Afasy was voted by readers to be the Best Qur'an Reciter in the 2012 About.com Readers' Choice Awards.
- "Sheikh Mishary leads over 60,000 worshippers". Emirates 247 News. Emirates 247 News. 14 April 2012. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Profile of Quran Reciter Sheikh Mishary Rashed Al-Afasy". About.com. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- Nasheed From "Hearts Be Merciful Album"(2012)
- Alafasy's Ramadan nasheed, August 2009
- Recitation by Sheikh Mishary Rashed Al-afasy
- Recitation Of Mishari
- Alafasy Albums
- Alafasy Recitations on Islamway
- SunniPath Library – Quran Recitation by Mishary Rashed al-Efasy
- Thealif.com – Listen Quran online
- Info of Sheikh Mishary Rashed Al-afasy