|Look up miskin in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Miskin could refer to:
- Miskin, a small village in the district of Pontyclun, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales
- Miskin, Mountain Ash, a small village in the district of Penrhiwceiber, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales
- Miskin (commote), an ancient commote in South Wales
- a city in Uzbekistan in the Karakalpakstan province
Miskin may also be:
- A transliteration of Myshkin, a Russian surname
- A surname in English, derived from Norman French "le meschin' meaning 'the younger'. For example, William le Meschin in The 1161 Pipe Rolls for Warwickshire England
- A term in Islamic writing (plural masakin) denoting a needy person, destitute and worthy of being given food on fast days
By extension in general usage, communes and associations of poor people; and a euphemism for money saving techniques. For example:
- in Indonesia, 'Kampung Miskin, Jakarta' (a shanty town) and 'Aliansi Rakyat Miskin' (Poor Peoples' Alliance)
- in some African countries,'a miskin call' is a brief telephone call terminated before it is answered so that the other party then returns the call at their expense
- 'Old Aston' slang (Birmingham, UK) for a waste receptacle
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Miskin.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.