Miss Beazley (dog)
Miss Beazley on January 6, 2005
|Breed||purebred Scottish Terrier|
|Born||October 28, 2004|
|Died||May 17, 2014 (aged 9)|
|Nation from||United States|
|Known for||Pet of the First Family of the United States|
|Owner||George W. Bush|
|Parent(s)||Blackwatch Elizabeth (dam)|
Miss Beazley's father, a Scottish terrier named Clinton, was born on November 7, 2000. Clinton was the half-brother of the Bushes' first Scottish terrier, Barney. Miss Beazley's mother, Blackwatch Elizabeth, was bred by dog breeder Patricia Gilmore of Livingston, New Jersey. Gilmore would also breed Miss Beazley, a purebred Scottish terrier who was born in 2004.
Miss Beazley was adopted as a birthday present from President Bush to First Lady Laura Bush. She moved into the White House as a ten-week-old puppy on January 6, 2005, shortly before the beginning of President Bush's second term in office. The First Lady and her daughters Barbara and Jenna Bush named their new dog after a character from Oliver Butterworth's 1956 children's book, The Enormous Egg.
Miss Beazley and the Bushes' first Scottish Terrier, Barney, became well known United States presidential pets. In 2005, Miss Beazley and Barney were featured in the White House Christmas video, A Very Beazley Christmas, for her first holiday in the White House.
Miss Beazley continued to live in Texas with the former presidential family until her death on May 17, 2014, due to "a battle with lymphoma", according to a statement from President and Mrs. Bush.
- "Miss Beazley, Outrunning The Newshounds". The Washington Post. 2005-01-07. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "The President & Family Barney & Miss Beazley". George W. Bush Presidential Center. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "Bush Family Dog, Miss Beazley, Dies After Lymphoma Battle". NBCNews.com. May 17, 2014. Retrieved April 10, 2016.
- "Reviewing the White House's 'Beazley Christmas'". NPR. 2005-12-13. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- Weiner, Rachel (2013-02-01). "George W. Bush's dog Barney dies". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- Bailey, Holly (April 24, 2013). "Laura Bush: New library is not 'a monument' to her husband". Yahoo! News. Retrieved April 24, 2013.
| White House pet dog
January 6, 2005–January 20, 2009
Served alongside: Barney
Bo and Sunny
Portuguese Water Dogs