Miss Earth India
|Deepak Agarwal (National Director)|
Miss Earth India or Miss India Earth is a title given to the Indian woman who represents India at Miss Earth, an annual, international beauty pageant promoting environmental awareness. The current national pageant which chooses the Indian representative for Miss Earth is Miss Divine Beauty of India.
2001–2014: Femina Miss India and Miss Diva
India has participated in the Miss Earth pageant since its inception in 2001. From 2001 to 2013, India's representatives at Miss Earth were selected by Femina Miss India (a beauty pageant founded in 1964). Femina Miss India is sponsored by Femina, a women's magazine published by the Times Group.
In 2002, the third winner of Femina Miss India was changed from Miss India Asia Pacific International to Femina Miss India-Earth to designate India's representative to the new Miss Earth pageant, and a finalist was sent to Miss International. From 2007 to 2009, three winners went to Miss Universe, Miss World, and Miss Earth. In 2010, I Am She - Miss Universe India acquired the rights to send India's representatives to the Miss Universe pageant. The first winner at Femina Miss India was designated to participate in Miss World, the second winner to Miss Earth, and the third winner to Miss International. In 2013, the Times Group regained the rights to send India's representatives to Miss Universe and launched a new pageant for Miss Universe (Miss Diva). The following year, Miss Earth India received the second title at the Miss Diva pageant.
India did well at the Miss Earth debut in 2001, when Shamita Singha was one of the top ten finalists. The country has become a strong contender for Miss Earth; Jyoti Brahmin of West Bengal and Shriya Kishore of Maharashtra made the semi-finals in 2004 and 2009, respectively (both years were won by Brazil). In 2006 and 2007, Amruta Patki and Pooja Chitgopekar were Miss Air (first runners-up).
In 2010, Nicole Faria won the Miss Earth crown for India. In addition to the main title, Faria was chosen as Miss Talent (the 10th pageant's first special award). She performed a belly dance combining Oriental and Middle Eastern styles in a performance which raised ₫100 million, which was donated to the HCM City Red Cross to aid flood victims in central Vietnam. As a Miss Earth winner, Faria addressed the problems of Bangalore's lakes. The lakes have rapidly disappeared in the past 30 years (from 270-300 lakes to about 80) due to industrial development. The remaining 80 lakes have been severely polluted by human and industrial waste.
In 2014, Femina Miss India's sister pageant (Miss Diva) sent India's representative to Miss Earth. The Miss Diva pageant, established in 2013, is also owned by the Times Group. The titleholder, Alankrita Sahai won on 14 October 2014.
2015: Glamanand Supermodel India
Glamanand Supermodel India Beauty Pageant chairman Nikhil Anand acquired the rights to send India's delegates to the Miss Earth pageant in 2015, and the winner of the Glamanand Supermodel India 2015 contest was crowned Miss Earth India. In 2016, Glamanand lost the rights.
2016: Cheryl Hansen
2018: Glamanand Supermodel India
Glamanand Supermodel India sent India's representative to Miss Earth 2018, which was held in the Philippines.
2019: Miss Divine Beauty
Miss Divine Beauty Pageant acquired the rights to send India's delegates to the Miss Earth pageant in 2019, and one of the winner of the contest "Tejaswini Manogna" was crowned Miss Earth India 2019 .
|2020||Tanvi Kharote||Divine Miss Earth India 2020||Maharashtra||-|
|2019||Tejaswini Manogna||Divine Miss Earth India 2019||Telangana||Kingdom of Dreams, Gurgaon|
|2018||Devika Vaid||Glamanand Supermodel India 2018||New Delhi||Kingdom of Dreams, Gurgaon|
|2017||Shaan Suhas Kumar||Miss Earth India 2017||Madhya Pradesh||Kempinski Ambience Hotel, New Delhi|
|2016||Rashi Yadav||Miss Earth India 2016||New Delhi||Kempinski Ambience Hotel, New Delhi|
|2015||Aaital Khosla||Glamanand Supermodel India 2015||Chandigarh||Courtyard Marriott Hotel, Gurgaon, Haryana|
Miss Earth representatives
- Finalist or semi-finalist
|Year||Miss Earth India||Home||Placement||Special award(s)|
Globe's Choice Award
|2018||Nishi Bhardwaj||New Delhi||Unplaced|
|2017||Shaan Suhas Kumar||Madhya Pradesh||Unplaced|
Intelligence and Environmental Awareness (top 16)
|2016||Rashi Yadav||New Delhi||Unplaced|
Speech at United Nations
|2014||Alankrita Sahai||New Delhi||Unplaced|
Miss Earth Pagudpud
Miss Hannah's Beach Resort Best in Casual Wear
Best Evening Gown
Beauty for a Cause
Best in Swimsuit
Best National Costume
|2013||Sobhita Dhulipala||Andhra Pradesh||Unplaced|
Miss Eco Beauty
Miss Ever Bilena
Miss Talent – Top 15
Best in Resort Wear – Top 15
|2012||Prachi Mishra||Uttar Pradesh||Unplaced|
Best in Swimsuit
Best in Resort Wear
Miss Advance Placenta
I Love My Planet School Campaign
Evening Gown Competition
Resorts Wear competition (Group 3)
|2011||Hasleen Kaur||New Delhi||Unplaced|
|2010||Nicole Faria||Karnataka||Miss Earth 2010||Miss Talent|
Miss Diamond Place
|2009||Shriya Kishore||Maharashtra||Top 16|
|2007||Pooja Chitgopekar||Karnataka||Miss Air (1st Runner-up)|
|2006||Amruta Patki||Maharashtra||Miss Air (1st Runner-up)||Best in Long Gown|
|2004||Jyoti Brahmin||West Bengal||Top 16|
|2002||Reshmi Ghosh||West Bengal||Unplaced|
|2001||Shamita Singha||Maharashtra||Top 10||Best in National Costume|
Shamita Singha, Miss India Earth 2001
Reshmi Ghosh, Miss India Earth 2002
Niharika Singh, Miss India Earth 2005
Shriya Kishore, Miss India Earth 2009
Hasleen Kaur, Miss India Earth 2011
Sobhita Dhulipala, Miss India Earth 2013
Alankrita Sahai, Miss India Earth 2014
Devika Vaid, Miss India Earth 2018
- 2019 - The reigning Miss Earth India 2019 is Tejaswini Manogna. She was Crowned at National Beauty pageant Miss Divine Beauty 2019.
- 2018 - Devika Vaid was crowned as Miss Earth India 2018 by Glamanand Supermodel India Organization. Nishi Bhardwaj was sent as a replacement to the original title holder of Miss Earth India 2018 Devika Vaid for the pageant. The original winner suffered with an injury making her unable to compete at the forthcoming Miss Earth 2018.
- 2017 - No national pageant was held in the year 2017. Shaan Suhas kumar, Miss Earth India Air 2016 was appointed as Miss Earth India 2017 by the national director Cheryl Hansen.
- "Miss Divine Beauty | 2019 Ref:Business Standard".
- Press Trust of India, News (5 February 2016). "Miss Earth India pageant to be held in Delhi". Oneindia, Greynium Information Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- Press Trust of India, News (5 February 2016). "Delhi to host Miss Earth India to support Beti Bachao Beti Padhao". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- New York Times, World News (30 October 2003). "Afghanistan: Anti-Pageant Judges". Retrieved 3 January 2009.
- "Miss Earth 2004 beauty pageant". China Daily. Reuters. 25 October 2004. Retrieved 23 October 2007.
- Enriquez, Amee (2 February 2014). "Philippines: How to make a beauty queen". BBC News. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "The Hindu News Update Service". The Hindu. 9 April 2007. Archived from the original on 29 June 2011. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- "No runners-up in Miss India contest; all 3 winners are equal". Daily News and Analysis and Press Trust of India. 9 April 2007. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "Former Miss Universe, Sushmita Sen, now at the helm of Miss Universe India". Miss India Magazine. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- Lo, Ricardo F. (27 October 2001). "In fairness to Sherilyn". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 11 June 2011.
- West, Donald (18 December 2007). "Miss Earth History". Pageantopolis. Archived from the original on 16 December 2007. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- The 10th Miss Earth Pageant
- "Nicole Faria's family not surprised by Miss Earth win". Daily News and Analysis. 5 December 2010. Retrieved 5 December 2010.
- "SGGP English Edition- Indian contestant wins Miss Earth talent competition". Archived from the original on 23 November 2010. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- VOVNEWS.VN | Indian beauty crowned Miss Earth Talent 2010 – Indian beauty crowned Miss Earth Talent 2010 Archived 13 November 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- "Down to Earth". Khaleej Times. 7 October 2011. Archived from the original on 25 December 2011. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- Newswire, Traffiq (2 December 2011). "International Beauty Queen Creates Global Steering Committee to Solve Bangalore, India Water Crisis". MarketWatch. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "Noyonita Lodh crowned Miss Diva Universe". The Economic Times. 2014. Retrieved 20 October 2014.