Miss Earth Jamaica
|Motto||Beauties for a Cause|
|Posh Entertainment Production|
Beauties for a Cause
The pageant is designed to advance and support the cause of today's women who espouse an environmental agenda. Contestants are savvy, goal-oriented informed and environmentally aware. They are also committed to working with local and international groups (government and non-government) that are actively involved in environmental causes that exemplify the motto, 'Beauties for a Cause'.
The winner of Miss Earth Jamaica becomes a goodwill ambassador and spokesperson for Jamaica in its environmental and tourist industries. The winner also works with environmental projects and educates the people on the three Rs (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) which will contribute to ensuring that Jamaica remains an ecofriendly tourist destination.
The Miss Earth Jamaica is open to females age 18-26, who are unmarried, never given birth; minimum height of 5 feet 4 inches; possess beauty of face and proportionate body structure; outgoing and friendly; excellent physical condition; have knowledge of their country's culture and environment; shall either be born in Jamaica or Jamaican parentage.
The pageant uses the international pageant's judging criteria in choosing the winner which includes overall appearance, beauty of the face, swimsuit fitness, poise and elegance, personality, environmental awareness and intelligence.
- Color key
- Declared as Winner
- Ended as runner-up
- Ended as one of the finalists or semifinalists
The following are the names of the annual titleholders of Miss Earth Jamaica, listed according to the year in which they participated in Miss Earth:
|Year||Miss Earth Jamaica||Placement at Miss Earth|
|2010||Kai Ayanna Indira Mcdonald||Best talent (Top 18)|
|2009||Jenaae Dawn Jackson||Best in Eco-Design Wear|
|2005||Juel Daisi Pollard||Unplaced|
- "Miss Earth Jamaica to select a rep for 2009 contest". Jamaica Gleaner. 24 August 2009. Retrieved 13 October 2011.
- "Miss Earth Pageant". Jamaica Gleaner. 24 March 2008. Retrieved 12 October 2011.
- "Miss Earth seeks local beauties". Jamaica Gleaner. 25 August 2011. Retrieved 13 October 2011.
- "Kai McDonald is Miss Earth Jamaica 2010". Jamaica Gleaner. 6 September 2010. Retrieved 13 October 2011.
- West, Donald. "Miss Earth country participation lists". Pageantopolis. Retrieved 12 October 2011.
- Jamaica News, Online (19 October 2011). "Kerry Moxam to represent Jamaica at Miss Earth pageant". RJR News ( Multimedia Jamaica Ltd.). Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- "Miss Earth Jamaica 2011 is Kerry Moxam". Caribbean Entertainment Magazine. 17 October 2011. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- Caribbean News, Online (31 August 2009). "Miss Earth Jamaica Selects Representative". South Florida Caribbean News. Retrieved 13 October 2011.
- Clarke, Orville (16 September 2008). "White, Falconer strike winning pose". Jamaica Gleaner. Retrieved 13 October 2011.
- Soul, John (23 October 2005). "Miss Earth 2005". Woman of the Earth. Retrieved 13 October 2011.