Miss Earth United States
|Motto||Beauty for a Cause|
|Laura Clark (2016-present)|
Miss Earth United States is a beauty pageant held annually to select the United States representative to Miss Earth which is an annual international beauty pageant promoting environmental awareness.
In January 2016, owners of Miss Earth, Carousel Productions, Inc., announced, through their official Facebook fan page, that the Miss Earth United States program would be managed by U.S. Earth Productions, Inc. under the leadership of national director Laura Clark.
2001-2004: Miss America International
The United States delegates in Miss Earth from 2001–2005 were selected by the Miss America International pageant where the prize was to represent the United States at the Miss Earth Pageant.
2005-2015: Earth Pageant Productions
In 2005, Earth Pageant Productions acquired the rights to conduct the national competition for the United States and to select a national winner to participate in the Miss Earth pageant. Thus, a national pageant was established to conduct the annual Miss Earth United States pageant.
Miss Earth United States represents the United States in the annual Miss Earth pageant. The pageant adopted the slogan "Continuing the Legacy of Beauty and Responsibility". The pageant focused mainly on promoting environmental causes and winners are chosen equally on their physical attributes as well as their understanding and knowledge of the issues affecting the Earth.
In order to bring more awareness to the cause, and to provide the next generation an opportunity to get involved, a teen division was added in 2008. The winner of the pageant, held in conjunction with the Miss Earth United States pageant, was awarded the title of Miss Teen Earth United States. As a result the pageant became known as the US Earth pageants.
2016-Present: U.S. Earth Productions, Inc.
In 2016, U.S. Earth Productions, Inc. acquired the rights to the Miss Earth preliminary in the United States. U.S. Earth Productions, Inc. The company is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
The current Miss Earth United States program requires contestants be ages 18–26 as of January 1 of the competition year. U.S. Earth Productions, Inc. offers three additional divisions supporting Miss Earth United States. Those divisions are for ages 11–14 (Jr Miss), 14-18 (Teen Miss) and 26-32 (Elite Miss). All delegates are never married, never had children, and U.S. citizens. Together, these delegates make up Miss Earth United States and bring awareness to environmental concerns while celebrating talents in modeling, fashion, and public speaking.
Andrea Neu, the Miss Earth United States 2014, is so far the highest ranking American delegate as she finished as Miss Earth - Air (First runner-up) at Miss Earth 2014 since its inception in 2001.
This list includes all the Miss Earth United States winners even from the previous license holders.
|Year||Titleholder||State Represented||Host City|
|2016||Corrin Stellakis||New York||Washington, D.C.|
|2015||Brittany Payne||California||Ontario, California|
|2014||Andrea Neu||Colorado||Whittier, California|
|2013||Nicolle Velez||New York||Honolulu, Hawaii|
|2012||Siria Bojorquez||Texas||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|2011||Nicole Kelley||Florida||Daytona Beach, Florida|
|2010||Danielle Bounds||Missouri||Laughlin, Nevada|
|2009||Amy Diaz||Rhode Island||Primm Valley, Nevada|
|2008||Jana Murrell||Nebraska||Portland, Oregon|
|2007||Lisa Marie Forbes||Kansas||Portland, Oregon|
|2006||Amanda Pennekamp||South Carolina||Laughlin, Nevada|
|2005||Amanda L. Kimmel||Montana||Los Angeles, California|
|2004||Stephanie Brownell||California||Los Angeles, California|
|2003||Jessica Schilling †||California||Los Angeles, California|
|2002||Casey Marie Burns||California||Los Angeles, California|
|2001||Abigail Royce||California||Los Angeles, California|
- 2016: Corrin Stellakis was Miss New York Teen USA 2014 and Top 12 finalists at Miss World America 2015 representing Missouri.
- 2015: Brittany Ann Payne was Miss California USA 2015 2nd Runner-up.
- † Now deceased
- 2014: Andrea Neu was Miss U.S. International 2013 and Top 15 finalists at Miss International 2013.
- 2012: Siria Bojorquez was Miss Teen Earth United States 2010.
- 2009: Amy Diaz was Miss Rhode Island Teen USA 2001, Miss Rhode Island USA 2008, Top 15 semifinalist at Miss USA 2008. Amy later won Season 23 of The Amazing Race.
- 2008: Jana Murrell was Miss Nebraska USA 2005.
- 2007: Lisa Forbes was Miss Kansas USA 2004.
- 2006: Amanda Pennekamp was Miss South Carolina USA 2004 and 1st Runner Up at Miss USA 2004.
- 2005: Amanda Kimmel was Miss Montana USA 2005 and a Survivor: China, Survivor: Micronesia, and Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains contestant.
Miss Earth performance
- Color key
- Declared as Winner
- Ended as runner-up
- Ended as one of the finalists or semifinalists
|2016||Corrin Stellakis||Top 8|| Swimsuit (Group 2)
Darling of the Press
2nd Place - Miss Earth Hannah
|2015||Brittany Payne||Miss Earth-Water||1st Place - Eco-Beauty Video
|2014||Andrea Neu||Miss Earth-Air|| Best Teacher
|2013||Nicolle Velez||Top 16|| Miss Frienship
I Love My Planet Schools Campaign (Group 3)
|2012||Siria Bojorquez||Top 8|| M.E. Trivia Challenge
Swimsuit (Group 2)
|2010||Danielle Bounds||Top 14|
|2008||Jana Murrell||Top 16|
|2007||Lisa Marie Forbes|
|2006||Amanda Pennekamp||Top 16|
|2005||Amanda L. Kimmel||Top 8|
|2004||Stephanie Brownell||Miss Friendship|
|2003||Jessica Schilling †|
|2002||Casey Marie Burns|
|2001||Abigail Ann Royce||Top 10|
- New York Times, World News (2003-10-30). "Afghanistan: Anti-Pageant Judges". The New York Times Company. Retrieved 2009-01-03.
- "Miss Earth 2004 beauty pageant". China Daily. Reuters. 2004-10-25. Retrieved 2007-10-23.
- Enriquez, Amee (2 February 2014). "Philippines: How to make a beauty queen". BBC News. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "Lifestyle: Philippines' Angelia Ong wins Miss Earth 2015". Asia Times. 2015.
- Startseite, Zur (2015). "Studentin aus Manila ist Miss Earth 2015". Die Welt. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- Locsin, Joel (2014). "Pinay bags Miss Earth 2014 title". GMA Network. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- Жигарева, Гертруда (2014). "Россиянка получила титул "Мисс огонь" на конкурсе "Мисс Земля" (in Russian)". Moskovskij Komsomolets. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "Miss Earth 2014 Crown Goes To Miss Philippines". Travelers Today. 2014. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- TJ, Burgonio (12 October 2001). "Beauties Back Out pp25 and 27". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- High Beam News, Online (2001-11-08). "Danish law student is Miss Earth". Filipino Reporter. Retrieved 2010-01-12.
- Palmero, Paul (2005-06-18). "Pageant History". Pageant Almanac. Retrieved 2010-01-12.
- Brady, Matt (2008-09-25). "Miss Earth United States checks out Fort Collins' environmental efforts". Fort Collins. Retrieved 2010-01-06.
- Bruning, Marlee (2009-10-07). ""'Green'tings" from Rhody for latest enviro-queen". The Brown Daily Herald. Retrieved 2010-01-06.
- Sullivan, Jerriann (2009-07-19). "Pageant promotes Earth". Central Florida Future of the University of Central Florida. Retrieved 2010-01-07.
- White, Jamila (2016). "National Green Week kickoff!". WJLA-TV. Retrieved 2016-02-02.