Miss Me Yet?
|The Billboard, 2010|
Miss Me Yet? refers to a series of roadside advertisements that first appeared in February 2010. It featured former U.S. President George W. Bush's image waving and smiling from a billboard over the words "MISS ME YET?", presumably as a critique of Presidential successor Barack Obama's performance in office.
The billboard initially was spotted in February 2010, on Interstate 35 in Wyoming, Minnesota. Soon, many more billboards like it popped up around the country. It was first thought to be an Internet hoax, but has since been verified as a real billboard ad. The billboard, which rapidly became an Internet meme, has also inspired a series of "Miss Me Yet?"-themed merchandise from online agencies such as CafePress.
The billboard was mentioned on Rush Limbaugh's talk radio show as some callers mentioned the billboard did exist. The billboard was later discovered to have been created by an anonymous source who wanted to remain that way as per billboard owner Schubert & Hoey Outdoor Advertising. According to the billboard owner, the sign was purchased by a group of small business owners located in the seven-county metro area. Mike Rivard, one of the six business owners from Minnesota, came forward and explained on Fox News that one of the reasons why they did it was that it was a hilarious message, and the image they used was found online.
- "Who's behind I-95 billboard featuring George Bush?". Miami Herald. 2010-05-20. Retrieved 2010-05-29.[dead link]
- "Bush billboard causes stir". WSVN. 2010-05-21. Archived from the original on May 24, 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-29.
- "Bush Billboard Poses $64,000 Question" aolnews.com. Accessed February 14, 2010. Retrieved on 2010-02-14. Archived June 20, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- ""Miss Me Yet?" Bush Merchandise a Hit Online". CBS News. February 17, 2010. Archived from the original on 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-04-15.
- "Mystery Surrounds Bush Billboard (with transcript)" rushlimbaugh.com. Accessed February 15, 2010. Retrieved on 2010-02-15.
- "Mysterious Bush Billboard Asks 'Miss Me Yet?'" WPTZ.com. Accessed February 15, 2010. Retrieved on 2010-02-15. Archived July 19, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Creator of "Miss Me Yet" Bush Billboard Is Known; His Politics, Not So Much" aolnews.com. Accessed 2010-06-10. Retrieved on 2010-06-10.[dead link]