Miss Teen USA 1992
|Miss Teen USA 1992|
|Date||August 25, 1992|
|Presenters||Dick Clark, Leeza Gibbons and Bridgette Wilson|
|Photogenic||Rachel Lee Adcock|
The pageant was hosted by Dick Clark for the third of four years, with color commentary by Leeza Gibbons in her third and final year, and Miss Teen USA 1990 Bridgette Wilson, for the only time. Music was provided by the Gulf Coast Teen Orchestra for the third consecutive year.
This was the third of five years that the pageant was held in Biloxi, and it was interrupted by the effects of Hurricane Andrew which devastated Florida and the Gulf Coast over the period the pageant was held.
The final competition was forced to be held early because of the hurricane threat, and the contestants were then bussed further inland. This was the first time in the pageant's ten-year history that the event was not broadcast live. During the pre-recorded competition the crownings of both Jamie Solinger and first runner-up Angela Logan were filmed in an attempt to keep the result secret until the eventual broadcast of the event. Angela was told one hour before the evening telecast that Solinger had won and that she was the first runner-up. The taping of two crownings became known as the "hurricane option" and would nearly be repeated at Miss Teen USA 1998 because of a live presidential address by Bill Clinton.
- Miss Teen USA 1992: Jamie Solinger (Iowa)
- The runners-up were:
- The other top six finalists were (in order of placement): Christine King (Alabama), Rachel Lee Adcock (North Carolina) and Natasha Allas (California)
- The remaining semi-finalists were (in order of placement): Shanna Moakler (Rhode Island), Vanessa Malinis (Maryland), Nicole Llewellyn (Indiana), Andrea Ballengee (Virginia), Arleen McDonald (Mississippi), Julee Kleffman (Illinois)
- Miss Congeniality: Amber Evans (New York)
- Miss Photogenic: Rachel Lee Adcock (North Carolina)
- Best in Swimsuit: Natasha Allas (California)
- Most Beautiful Eyes: Dondi Bowman (Wyoming)
- Minolta Photo Contest: Brandi Bryant (Colorado)
- Iowa recorded its first placement ever and went on to win the title.
- Maryland also placed for the first time.
- This was Virginia's first placement since 1986.
- Mississippi placed for the first time since 1988.
The Miss Teen USA 1992 delegates were:
- Alabama - Christine King
- Alaska - Cindy Bridges
- Arizona - Heather Keckler
- Arkansas - Stacy Freeman
- California - Natasha Allas
- Colorado - Brandi Bryant
- Connecticut - Tiffany Selivonchik
- Delaware - Justine Jones
- Florida - Jennifer Sutter
- Georgia - Kristie Harmon
- Hawaii - Cameo DeCosta
- Idaho - Amanda Greenway
- Illinois - Julee Kleffman
- Indiana - Nicole Llewellyn
- Iowa - Jamie Solinger
- Kansas - Danielle Boatwright
- Kentucky - Heather Bogess
- Louisiana - Evelyn Ellis
- Maine - Angela Walker
- Maryland - Vanessa Malinis
- Massachusetts - Victoria Grinder
- Michigan - WaLynda Sipple
- Minnesota - Elizabeth Peters
- Mississippi - Arleen McDonald
- Missouri - Robin Swain
- Montana - Aubrey Jo Hiller
- Nebraska - Marney Monson
- Nevada - Jennifer Gassmann
- New Hampshire - Angela Etter
- New Jersey - Lori Schmidt
- New Mexico - Hillary Matkin
- New York - Amber Evans
- North Carolina - Rachel Lee Adcock
- North Dakota - Juliette Spier
- Ohio - Tiffany Chaney
- Oklahoma - Angela Logan
- Oregon - Maggie Molstrom
- Pennsylvania - Tara Lavan
- Rhode Island - Shanna Moakler
- South Carolina - Shanen Pellerin
- South Dakota - Brandi Bower
- Tennessee - Angela Shoulders
- Texas - Carissa Blair
- Utah - Susan Kelly
- Vermont - Lisa Robie
- Virginia - Andrea Ballengee
- Washington - Kaley O'Kelley
- West Virginia - Kelly Humphrey
- Wisconsin - Trina Landowski
- Wyoming - Dondi Bowman
- "Miss Iowa is crowned Miss Teen USA". The Baton Rouge Advocate. 1992-08-27.
- Trebbe, Ann (1992-08-25). "Andrew rains on Miss Teen parade". USA Today.
- "Andrew steals the show, forces taping of Miss Teen USA pageant". The Baton Rouge Advocate. 1992-08-28.
- "Miss Teen USA Yields to Hurricane". Associated Press. 1992-08-25.
- "Marney Monson To Represent State". The Omaha World-Herald. 1991-11-26.
- Huffey, Dorothy (1992-08-17). "Nevada's contender in Miss Teen USA Pageant receives send-off at party". The Las Vegas Review-Journal.
- "New Pageant Contestants Chosen". Portland Oregonian. 1991-11-19. p. B03.