Miss Tennessee USA
Lynnette Cole, Miss Tennessee USA 2000, and Rachel Smith, Miss Tennessee USA 2007, are the only titleholders to win the Miss USA title. Five Miss Tennessee USA titleholders have formerly competed at Miss Tennessee Teen USA, and six have competed at Miss America. One of these is Allison Alderson, a "triple crown" winner who has held the Miss Tennessee Teen USA, Miss Tennessee, and Miss Tennessee USA titles, competing at all three major pageants.
In the 2000s, there have been two notable progressions of three consecutive titleholders. From 2002 to 2004, three consecutive Miss Tennessee titleholders won Miss Tennessee USA titles, in the order in which they had held the original titles. This has never happened in the history of Miss USA and Miss America state pageants. From 2005 to 2007, three women who placed in the top six in the Miss Tennessee Teen USA 2002 pageant won the Miss Tennessee USA title. One of these includes the winner of the 2002 teen pageant, Rachel Smith. The pageant is also the only pageant to have two of only four women to place at the top 5 at Miss USA and Miss America.
Brenna Mader, Miss Tennessee USA 2013, failed to place in Miss USA 2013, breaking the state's 7 year placements.
The current Miss Tennessee USA is Hope Stephens from Livingston, TN.
Placements in Miss USA
- Winners: Lynnette Cole (2000), Rachel Smith (2007)
- 1st runners-up: Morgan High (1999), Ashley Durham (2011)
- 2nd runners-up: Gail White (1962), Desiree Daniels (1984), Becca Lee (1996), Towanna Stone (1997)
- 3rd runners-up: Jean Harper (1952), Donna Marie Ford (1970)
- 4th runners-up: Beth Hood (2003), Stephanie Culberson (2004)
- Top 10: Stephanie Jane Potts (1988), Lisa Tollett (2001), Hailey Brown (2008), Kristen Motil (2009), Tucker Perry (2010)
- Top 11/12: Sharon Kay Steakly (1981), Sherly Deanise Levy (1982), Charita Moses (1990), Cammy Gregory (1993), Leah Hulan (1994)
- Top 14/15/16/20: Stella Wilson (1956), Martha Boales (1958), Mary Margaret Smith (1966), Nancy Brackhahn (1967), Sandra Force (1968), Lauren Grissom (2006), Jessica Hibler (2012), Kristy Landers Niedenfuer (2014)
- Miss Photogenic: Suzanna Timberlake (1978)
- Best State Costume: Pat Kerr (1964)
- Miss Congeniality: Bonnie Perkins (1965), Martha Elizabeth Browning (1985)
- Style Award: Lee Ann Huey (1995), Becca Lee (1996)
- Best in Swimsuit: Lynnette Cole (2000)
- Color key
- Declared as Winner
- Ended as runner-up
- Ended as one of the finalists or semifinalists
|Year||Name||Hometown||Age1||Placement at Miss USA||Special awards at Miss USA||Notes|
|2014||Kristy Landers Niedenfuer||Nashville||22||Top 20||Later Miss Louisiana World 2015, 3rd runner up at Miss World America 2015|
|2013||Brenna Mader||Nashville||25||Previously Miss Wyoming Teen USA 2005|
|2012||Jessica Hibler||Brentwood||22||Top 16|
|2011||Ashley Durham||Adamsville||20||1st runner-up||Previously Miss Tennessee Teen USA 2006|
|2010||Tucker Perry||Franklin||20||Top 10||Daughter of Kathi Tucker, Miss Washington USA 1983.|
|2009||Kristen Motil||Franklin||24||Top 10|
|2008||Hailey Brown||Franklin||25||Top 10||Placed 4th runner-up at Miss Tennessee 2003|
|2007||Rachel Smith||Clarksville||21||Miss USA 2007||Born in Panama and Previously Miss Tennessee Teen USA 2002 (Top 10 Semi-Finalist & Miss Photogenic at Miss Teen USA 2002) and 4th Runner-up at Miss Universe 2007, currently hosting ABC's OnTheRedCarpet|
|2006||Lauren Grissom||Shelbyville||21||Top 15||Girlfriend of Jake Owen; participant on VH1's You're Cut Off!|
|2005||Amy Colley||Jonesborough||21||2nd runner-up at Miss Tennessee 2008|
|2004||Stephanie Culberson||Knoxville||24||4th runner-up||Previously Miss Tennessee 2001, 2nd runner up at Miss America 2002|
|2003||Beth Hood||Cleveland||24||4th runner-up||Miss Tennessee 2000|
|2002||Allison Alderson||Nashville||25||Triple Crown winner: Previously Miss Tennessee Teen USA, top 6 at Miss Teen USA 1994 and Miss Tennessee 1999|
|2001||Lisa Tollett||Crossville||24||Top 10||Previously engaged with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Elliott Sadler|
|2000||Lynnette Cole||Columbia||21||Miss USA 2000||Best in Swimsuit||Top 5 finalist at Miss Universe 2000
Previously Miss Tennessee Teen USA 1995 (3rd RU & Miss Photogenic at Miss Teen USA 1995), 3rd runner up at Miss Oktoberfest 1998, Miss Teen All American 1997
|1999||Morgan Tandy High||Nashville||1st runner-up|
|1998||Amy Neely||Macon County||Honorable Mention|
|1997||Towanna Stone||Morristown||24||2nd runner-up|
|1996||Becca Lee||Memphis||24||2nd runner-up||Finesse Style Award|
|1995||Lee Ann Huey||Memphis||Style Award|
|1994||Leah Hulan||Memphis||Top 12||Previously Miss Tennessee 1992|
|1993||Cammy Gregory||Paris||22||Top 12|
|1992||Natalie Ann Bray|
|1990||Charita Moses||20||Top 12|
|1989||Kimberly Payne||Previously Tennessee's Junior Miss 1985; Current director of the Miss Georgia USA, Miss Georgia Teen USA, Miss Mississippi USA, Miss Mississippi Teen USA, Miss Tennessee USA, and Miss Tennessee Teen USA pageants under her married name, Kim Greenwood|
|1988||Stephanie Jane Potts||Memphis||23||Semi-finalist|
|1987||Molly Diane Brown||Loretto||Previously Miss Tennessee Teen USA 1984 (2nd runner-up at Miss Teen USA)|
|1985||Martha Elizabeth Browning||Chattanooga||Miss Congeniality|
|1984||Desiree Denise Daniels||Chattanooga||24||2nd runner-up||Previously Miss Tennessee 1982 and finished 1st runner up to Miss America 1983|
|1982||Sherly Deanice Levy (aka Nise Levy)||Nashville||Semi-finalist||Appeared on Australian series of World's Strictest Parents|
|1981||Sharon Kay Steakly||Nashville||Semi-finalist|
|1978||Suzanna Timberlake||Chattanooga||Miss Photogenic||semifinalist in Miss World USA 1980|
|1977||Rene Jean Smith||Cookeville|
|1975||Shelly Smith||Memphis||Previously Miss Memphis State 1975|
|1974||Brin Annette Hendrix|
|1972||Linda Diane Thompson||Memphis||actress and songwriter|
|1970||Donna Marie Ford||Trenton||3rd runner-up|
|1966||Mary Margaret Smith||Semi-finalist|
|1965||Bonnie Perkins||Miss Congeniality|
|1964||Pat Kerr||Best State Costume|
|1963||Bobbie Lynn Morrow||Semi-finalist|
|1962||Gail White||Chattanooga||2nd runner-up|
|1958||Martha Boales||Memphis||Semi-finalist||1st runner-up in the 1959 Miss Dixie Pageant|
|1952||Jean Harper||Memphis||3rd runner-up||Previously Miss Tennessee 1951|
1 Age at the time of the Miss USA pageant
- Butterfield, Fox (2001-10-15). "Next Door to Army Base, Pageant Proudly Goes On". New York Times.
- Dexter, Jamie (2008-10-01). "Clarksville to host pageants". The Leaf Chronicle.
- "Producers". Miss Tennessee USA/Teen USA Pageants. Retrieved July 10, 2010.
- Dexter, Jamie (2008-10-05). "Dream comes true for one contestant". The Leaf Chronicle.
- Veiga, Alex (2007-03-24). "Dream comes true for one contestant". Washington Post.
- Bierly, Mandi (2009-02-27). "Jake Owen: The EW Pop Culture Personality Test". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2009-02-28.