Miss Trinidad and Tobago
|Headquarters||Port of Spain|
|Miss World |
Miss Grand International
|Miss Trinidad & Tobago|
|Brian Gopaul, Reiaz Mohammed, Peter Elias|
The Miss Trinidad & Tobago Pageant is a beauty pageant that has been held annually since 1954. The contest is meant to select a suitable delegate from the twin island republic, to compete in the Miss World pageant. The nation has one Miss World, Miss World 1986, Giselle Laronde.
Miss Trinidad & Tobago registered trademark started in 1954 exclusively for Miss World. The first Miss Trinidad and Tobago contest started in 1954 where the eventual winner, Seeta Indranie Mahabir represented the British Commonwealth country at the fourth edition of the contest. Trinidad and Tobago have never withdrawn from the Miss World contest since the 70's. It is the only international contest (Miss World) that they have been consistent in sending a representative to. The Miss World brand is the most established pageant brand in the country. According to Google trends, T&T is ranked 4th as per most searches for Miss World. The British High Commissioner in Trinidad and Tobago (1950's to 1970's) were responsible for sending Miss Trinidad and Tobago winner to Miss World. Then in 1979, they gave the rights to local socialite and businesswoman, Kim Sabeeny. Kim Sabeeny died in 1999. Peter Elias then took over the franchise with Trinidad and Tobago first Miss World, Giselle Laronde. Peter Elias resigned after Gabrielle Walcott placed 2nd runner-up at the 58th edition of the Miss World contest. He gave the directorship to Micheal Raghunanan and Daniel Seebaran in 2009. In 2013, Athaliah Samuel held the franchise and there was a dispute between the franchise holder and the then-titleholder, Shereece Villafana, who was then stripped of her title by the national franchise holder after competing in Miss World. In 2014, Vanessa Manoo and Nicaraguan Businessman, Gregory Lewin took over the company for the next three years. The current directors of Miss T&T Company are Brian Gopaul and Dr. Reiaz Mohammed (Vice National Director) who took over the franchise for Miss Trinidad and Tobago in 2018.
Miss Trinidad and Tobago's mission are to inspire and empower the young women of Trinidad and Tobago to become the best version of themselves.
The Miss World Trinidad and Tobago Board of Directors for 2018 are:
- Brian Gopaul - National Director
- Dr. Reiaz Mohammed - Co National Pageant Director
- Sheree Ann Ramsingh - Chief Operating Officer
- Jevon King - Dep. Chief Operating Officer
- Peter Sheppard - Art, History, & Culture Director
- Richard Ahong - Producer
- Vaughnette Bigford - Fashion & Entertainment Director
- Kavita Maharaj (Genie) - Photography / Social Media Manager
- Kiran Maharaj - Digital Media Manager
- Jarell Alder - Training & Development Coordinator
Miss Trinidad and Tobago
- Color key
- Finalist or semifinalist
|Year||Miss International Trinidad and Tobago||Placement||Special Awards|
|1971||Dixy Ann Hepburn|
|2011||Renee Bhagwandeen||Top 10|
Miss Asia Pacific
|Year||Miss Asia Pacific Trinidad and Tobago||Placement||Special Awards|
|2013||Dr Greer Anjelica Iton||Top 10|
Best Model of the Universe
|Year||Best Model of the Universe Trinidad and Tobago||Placement||Special Awards|
|2013||Soowan Bramble||Winner||Best National Costume, Best Catwalk, Best Body, Miss Photogenic|
- "Kimberly is Miss T&T 2015". Trinidadexpress.com. Retrieved 26 May 2017.
- "Chandini Chanka is Miss Trinidad and Tobago 2017". Missology.org. 18 July 2017.
- "Miss World - Head to Head Challenge". missworld.com. Retrieved 2018-12-23.
- "Miss World - Beauty with a Purpose". missworld.com. Retrieved 2018-12-23.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-12-13. Retrieved 2018-07-02.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Bramble's the best". The Trinidad Guardian. Retrieved 2 July 2018.