Miss Tulip Stays the Night
|Miss Tulip Stays the Night|
|Directed by||Leslie Arliss|
|Produced by||John O. Douglas
|Written by||John O. Douglas
|Edited by||Sam Simmonds|
|July 1955 (UK)|
Miss Tulip Stays the Night is a 1955 British comedy crime film directed by Leslie Arliss and starring Diana Dors, Patrick Holt, Jack Hulbert and Cicely Courtneidge. The screenplay concerns a crime writer and his wife who stay at a country house, where a mysterious corpse appears.
A novelist (Patrick Holt) and his wife (Diana Dors) are sleeping peacefully in their new cottage when a mysterious lady (Cicely Courtneidge) arrives, apparently stranded in a storm. She hands the writer her gun, and some jewellery, and asks for a bed for the night. Unfortunately, someone shoots her during the night and the author is accused of the crime. He is forced to turn detective to defend himself.
- Diana Dors - Kate Dax
- Patrick Holt - Andrew Dax
- Jack Hulbert - Constable Feathers
- Cicely Courtneidge - Millicent Tulip/Angela Tulip
- A. E. Matthews - Mr Potts
- Joss Ambler - Inspector Thorne
- Ida Patlanski - Judith Gale
- George Roderick - Sergeant Akers
- Brian Oulton - Dr. Willis
- Ian Wilson - Police photographer
- Archie Terry-Thomas - Archie Dax
- "Miss Tulip Stays the Night". BFI.
- "Miss Tulip Stays The Night". TVGuide.com.
- "Miss Tulip Stays the Night / The Great Game". Film @ The Digital Fix.
|This article related to a British film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This film article about a 1950s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|