Miss Universe 1991
|Miss Universe 1991|
Miss Universe 1991 participating nations and results
|Date||May 17, 1991|
|Presenters||Dick Clark, Leeza Gibbons, Angela Visser|
|Venue||Aladdin Theatre for the Performing Arts, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Debuts||Bulgaria, Ghana, Romania, United Kingdom|
|Withdrawals||Aruba, Australia, Austria, Denmark, Egypt, England, Gibraltar, Greenland, Honduras, Kenya, New Zealand, Portugal, Scotland, Switzerland, Wales|
|Returns||Belgium, Brazil, Cook Islands, Curaçao, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Namibia, Nicaragua, Panama, U.S. Virgin Islands, Yugoslavia|
U.S. Virgin Islands
|Best National Costume||Maribel Gutiérrez
Miss Universe 1991, the 40th Miss Universe pageant, was held on May 17, 1991 at the Aladdin Theatre for the Performing Arts in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. Lupita Jones of Mexico crowned by Mona Grudt of Norway. Seventy-three contestants competed in the 1991 Miss Universe pageant.
|Miss Universe 1991|
- Argentina - Verónica Honnorat
- Bahamas - Farrah Fiona Saunders
- Belgium - Katia Alens
- Belize - Josephine Gault
- Bermuda - Andrea Sullivan
- Bolivia - María Selva Landívar
- Brazil - Patricia Franco de Godói
- British Virgin Islands - Anne Lennard
- Bulgaria - Christy Drumeva
- Canada - Leslie McLaren
- Cayman Islands - Bethea Michelle Christian
- Chile - Cecilia del Rosario Alfaro
- Colombia - Maribel Gutiérrez Tinoco
- Cook Islands - Raema Chitty
- Costa Rica - Viviana Múñoz
- Curaçao - Jacqueline Krijger
- Czechoslovakia - Renata Gorecka
- Dominican Republic - Melissa Vargas
- Ecuador - Diana Neira
- El Salvador - Rebecca Dávila
- Finland - Tanja Vienonen
- France - Maréva Georges
- Germany - Katrin Richter
- Ghana - Dela Tamakole
- Greece - Marina Popou
- Guam - Jevon Pellacani
- Guatemala - Lorena Palacios
- Hong Kong - Anita Yuen
- Iceland - Dis Sigurgeirsdóttir
- India - Christabelle Howie
- Ireland - Siobhan McLafferty
- Israel - Miri Goldfarb
- Italy - Maria Biscotti
- Jamaica - Kimberley Mais
- Japan - Atsuko Yamamoto
- Korea - Seo Jung-min
- Lebanon - Fida Chehayeb
- Luxembourg - Annette Feydt
- Malaysia - Elaine Chew
- Malta - Michelle Zarb
- Mauritius - Dhandevy Jeetun
- Mexico - Lupita Jones
- Namibia - Ronel Liebenberg
- Netherlands - Pauline Huizinga
- Nicaragua - Ana Sofía Pereira
- Nigeria - Tonia Okogbenin
- Northern Marianas - Sharon Rosario
- Norway - Lene Maria Pedersen
- Panama - Liz Michelle de León
- Paraguay - Vivian Benítez
- Peru - Eliana Martínez
- Philippines - Maria Lourdes Talam Gonzalez
- Poland - Joanna Michalska
- Puerto Rico - Lissette Bouret
- Republic of China - Lin Shu-Chuan
- Romania - Daniella Nane
- Singapore - Eileen Yeow
- Spain - Esther Arroyo
- Sri Lanka - Diloka Seneviratne
- St. Vincent & the Grenadines - Samantha Robertson
- Suriname - Simone Vos
- Sweden - Susanna Gustafsson
- Thailand - Jiraprapa Sawettanan
- Trinidad & Tobago - Josie Anne Richards
- Turkey - Pinar Ozdemir
- Turks & Caicos - Kathy Hawkins
- United Kingdom - Helen Upton
- Uruguay - Adriana Comas
- USA - Kelli McCarty
- USSR - Yulia Lemigova
- U.S. Virgin Islands - Monique Lindesay
- Venezuela - Jackeline Rodríguez
- Yugoslavia - Nataša Pavlović
- Philippines - Maria Lourdes Gonzalez replaced Anjanette Abayari. Anjanette Abayari was not a Philippine citizen.
- Venezuela - Sharon Luengo - The Director of Miss Venezuela pageant, Osmel Souza wanted send her to Miss Universe due the delayed of Miss Venezuela 1991 contest, but Miss Universe Organization rejected her as contestant due her 2nd Runner-up position at Miss World 1990 and they decided select the Venezuelan delegate for Miss Universe 1991 under a special commission.
- USSR – The winner of Miss USSR 1990, Maria Kezha was underage after February 1.
- Aruba – Miss Aruba 1991 pageant was delayed and their 1991 winner, Jerusha Rasmijn was sent to Miss Universe 1992.
- Austria - Christine Heiss
- Australia - Due lack of Sponsorship and founding.
- Denmark - Sharon Givskav - Due lack of Sponsorship and founding. She went to Miss World 1991.
- Egypt - No contest held.
- Gibraltar - Sarah Yeats (Lost its franchise with the Miss Universe Organization).
- Greenland - Bibiane Holm (Lost its franchise with the Miss Universe Organization) and went to Miss World 1991.
- Honduras - Claudia Mercedes Caballero (She fell ill and withdrew due that she suffered from chronic fatigue and had to rest by medical prescription).
- New Zealand - Adele Valerie Kenny (Because she was underage before February 1)
- Kenya - Aisha Wawira Lieberg - Due lack of Sponsorship and founding. Went to Miss Universe 1992.
- Portugal - Carla Lopes Da Costa Caldeira
- Switzerland - Priscilla Leimgruber ( She fell ill and withdrew at the last minute).
Holland began competing as Netherlands.