Miss Universe Albania
Miss Universe Albania was established in 2006 in Tirana, Albania. The pageant formatted to choose a representative to compete at the Miss Universe by Fadil Berisha. Miss Universe Albania is not related to Miss Albania, Miss Shqipëria or Miss Shqiptarja.
- Between 2002 to 2006, the Miss Albania winner competed at the Miss Universe pageant.
- In 2007, the license was given to Miss Universe head photographer, Fadil Berisha.
- In 2012, Miss Universe Albania and Miss World Albania were selected at the same contest, Mister & Miss Albania.
- In 2013, Miss Universe Albania and Miss Earth Albania were selected at the same contest, Miss Universe Albania.
- Color key
- Declared as Winner
- Ended as runner-up
- Ended as one of the finalists or semifinalists
The winner of Miss Universe Albania represents her country at the Miss Universe. On occasion, when the winner does not qualify (due to age) for either contest, a runner-up is sent.
|Year||Miss Universe Albania||County||Placement||Special Awards||Notes|
|2002||Anisa Kospiri ||Tirana||Top 10||Miss Albania 2001|
|2003||Denisa Kola ||Tirana||Unplaced||Miss Albania 2003|
|2005||Agnesa Vuthaj ||Istog***||Unplaced||A business woman and the founder of Agnesa Vuthaj Association|
|2006||Eralda Hitaj ||Tirana||Unplaced|
|2007||Sadina Alla ||Tirana||Unplaced||A Model for Versace, Gucci, Roberto Cavalli, H&M and Dior|
|2009||Hasna Xhukiçi ||Fier||Top 15|
|2010||Angela Martini||Shkodër||Top 10|
|2013||Fioralba Dizdari||Tirana||Unplaced||Did not compete|
- (***) Istog is a town and municipality in the Peć district of north-western Kosovo.
By number of wins (county)
Below are the number of winners as Miss Universe Albania according to the year in which they crowned.
|Tirana||8||2002, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014|
Anisa Kospiri was the first Albanian delegate at the Miss Universe pageant. She went to compete in San Juan, Puerto Rico and in the grand final she was the first girl to be called in the Top 10. She competed in both Swimsuit and Evening Gown competition and scored 8.51 and 8.34 respectively. However, her average score was not high enough for her to advance in the next phase of the competition. Until 2010 she held the record of the highest placing Albanian candidate in the Miss Universe pageant.
On October 2013, Miss Universe Albania withdrew from the Miss Universe 2013 pageant because the security of Albania's contestant could not be assured in Russia. But on October 8, 2014 Miss Universe Albania 2014 was back to Miss Universe with Zhaneta Byberi as the crowned beauty pageant titleholder.
- "Cultural Summary". SETimes.com. May 29, 2002. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Denisa Kola, Albanian representative to Miss Universe 2003". shkoder.net. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Blunders of Miss Albania winners". BalkanWeb. July 12, 2007. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Eralda Hitaj". missuniverse.com. July 1, 2006. Archived from the original on 1 July 2006. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Miss Universe Presentation Show Gowns". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. 23 May 2007. Retrieved 3 March 2011.[dead link]
- "Beauties will attend Miss Universe 2008". xaluan.com. April 7, 2008. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Miss Universe bikini photos". Toronto Sun. August 5, 2009. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Is Angela as beautiful as Linda?". 20 Minuten. July 19, 2010. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Global Beauties - Miss Universe Albania 2011". Global Beauties.
- "Miss Universe Albania 2014 winner is Zhaneta Byberi". Angelopedia.com. Retrieved 10 October 2014.