Miss Venezuela 2009
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Miss Venezuela 2009|
|Date||September 24, 2009|
Tito El Bambino
|Venue||Poliedro de Caracas, Caracas, Venezuela|
Miss Venezuela 2009, the 56th Miss Venezuela pageant, was held at the Poliedro de Caracas in Caracas, Venezuela, on September 24, 2009. Stefanía Fernández, Miss Venezuela 2008 and Miss Universe 2009, crowned Miss Miranda, Marelisa Gibson, as her successor at the end of the event.
The Miss World Venezuela title went to Miss Zulia, Adriana Vasini while Elizabeth Mosquera, Miss Trujillo, obtained the title of Miss Venezuela International. The 1st Runner Up Mariángela Bonanni was appointed as Miss Venezuela Earth.
It was on that year that the present MV anthem was sung for the first time, with a new melody replacing the iconic tune used for 34 years, with a slight change in lyrics.
|Miss Venezuela Universo 2009|
|Miss Venezuela Mundo 2009|
|Miss Venezuela International 2009|
|1st Runner-Up (Miss Venezuela Tierra 2009)|
Final competition night
- Miss Fotogénica (Miss Photogenic) (voted by press reporters) - María de Luz Da Silva (Mérida)
- Miss Amistad (Miss Congeniality) (voted by Miss Venezuela contestants) - Patricia Zavala (Vargas)
- Miss Internet (MissVenezuela.Com) - Adriana Vasini (Zulia)
- Mejor Vestido de Gala (Best Evening Gown) – Marelisa Gibson (Miranda)
Beauty Gala (Gala de la Belleza)
- Best Body – Patricia de Andrade (Distrito Capital)
- Most Beautiful Hair - Esmeralda Yaniche (Barinas)
- Best Catwalk – Mariángela Bonanni (Táchira)
- Miss Personality – María de Luz Da Silva (Mérida)
- Miss Diva Parmalat – Adriana Vasini (Zulia)
- Best Skin – Flory Díez (Anzoátegui)
- Best Face – Marelisa Gibson (Miranda)
- Marelisa Gibson failed to place in the semifinals at Miss Universe 2010 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. This was the first time since 2006 that Venezuela failed to make the semifinals at Miss Universe and the third time in 7 years.
- Adriana Vasini finished as 2nd Runner-Up at Miss World 2010 in Sanya, China. She won Reina Hispanoamericana 2009 pageant, held in Santa Cruz, Bolivia.
- Elizabeth Mosquera won Miss International 2010 in Chengdu, China. She was the 3rd Runner-Up in Reinado Internacional del Café 2010, held in Manizales, Colombia.
- Mariangela Bonanni was later appointed as Miss Earth Venezuela and finished in the semifinals at Miss Earth 2010 in Nha Trang, Vietnam.
- Jéssica Guillén won Miss Atlántico Internacional 2010, held in Punta del Este, Uruguay.
- Flory Díez placed in the semifinals at Miss Intercontinental 2010 in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
- María de Luz Da Silva placed in the semifinals at Miss Friendship International 2009 in Wuhan, China.
- Esmeralda Yaniche finished as the 2nd Runner-Up in Miss Italia Nel Mondo 2010, held in Jesolo, Italy. She was also the 3rd Runner-Up in Reinado Mundial del Banano 2010, held in Machala, Ecuador.
- Andreína Castro held the title of Teen Model Venezuela 2007.
- Daniela Morales entered Teen Model Venezuela 2004, where she placed sixth.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20100105092555/http://www.globalbeauties.com/news/2009/sep/venezuela.htm. Archived from the original on January 5, 2010. Retrieved February 24, 2010. Missing or empty
-  Archived July 16, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived September 12, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.