Miss World 2007
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Miss World 2007|
Miss World 2007 Titlecard
|Date||1 December 2007|
|Presenters||Angela Chow, Fernando Allende|
|Entertainment||Duncan James, Haikou Artistic Group, The South African Mvezo Choir & No. 9 Primary School of Sanya|
|Venue||Crown of Beauty Theatre, Sanya, China PR|
|Broadcaster||E!, Shanghai Media Group|
|Withdrawals||Barbados, Cambodia, Congo Democratic Republic, Guernsey, Liberia, Malawi, Portugal, St. Lucia, Tahiti, Uruguay, Zambia|
|Returns||Albania, Belize, Grenada, Lithuania, Nepal, New Zealand, Paraguay, Sierra Leone, Suriname, Swaziland, Uganda|
|Winner||Zhang Zilin 
Miss World 2007, the 57th edition of the Miss World pageant, was held on 1 December 2007 at the Crown of Beauty Theatre in Sanya, China PR. It was hosted by Fernando Allende and Angela Chow. Zhang Zilin of China PR won the crown and succeeded Taťána Kuchařová of the Czech Republic.
The 106 contestants recorded the official torch relay anthem Light the Passion, Share the Dream for the 2008 Olympics Games as a major co-operation between the Beijing Olympic Committee and Miss World Limited. The song had its first broadcast to a global audience at the 57th Miss World final on 1 December.
In addition, to coincide with World AIDS Day, the pageant presented a special tribute to the fight against AIDS, with a televised speech from former South African President Nelson Mandela and the presence of his daughter and grandson, along with traditional dancers from South Africa who joined the contestants in a special song.
|Miss World 2007|
Continental Queens of Beauty
|Asia & Oceania||
- Julia Morley (UK) – Chairwoman of the Miss World Organization
- Duncan James (UK) – Member of the boy band Blue, now an actor and TV presenter
- Annabel Croft (UK) – Former tennis star and television presenter
- Ben de Lisi (Italy) – Renowned fashion designer
- Li Xiao Bai (China PR) – managing director of New Silk Road Modelling Agency
- Bruce Zhao (China PR) – Chairperson of the Huayu Group
- Makaziwe Mandela (South Africa) – Daughter of Nelson Mandela, industrialist and philanthropist
- Neal Hamil (United States) – managing director of Elite Models
- Krish Naidoo (Ireland) – Miss World International Ambassador, entrepreneur, works with many charitable organisations
- Elena Franchuk (Ukraine) – Founder of the Anti-AIDS Foundation of Ukraine
Last competed in 1981:
Last competed in 1988:
Last competed in 1996:
Last competed in 2003:
Last competed in 2004:
Last competed in 2005:
- Albania – The Miss & Mister Albania organisation replaced Egla Harxhi, Miss Albania 2007, with Elda Dushi, because of unknown reasons.
- Belarus – Miss Belarus 2006 1st runner-up, Yulia Sindzeyeva, was supposed to compete in Miss World; however, she attended the Miss International contest in Japan, where she became 2nd runner-up. A contract with the Japanese organisation prevents her from attending the Miss World contest. 2nd runner-up, Alena Aladka, took her place.
- Curaçao – Lisaika Everitz, Miss World Curaçao, was not accepted as Curaçao's entry to Miss World 2007 because of not meeting age requirements. She was replaced with Naemi Monte. Since Monte did not turn in the official application to the national organisation before the deadline established by Miss World Ltd, the franchiseholder appointed a new delegate: Mckeyla Richards. After this action, Naemi Monte decided to file a lawsuit against the franchiseholder, Reprod, to regain the right to represent the island at the international pageant. On 17 October, a jury decided in favour of Reprod, ending the dispute between both.
- Latvia – Ina Avlasēviča, Miss Latvia 2006, competed in Miss World 2008. The organisation sent Kristīne Djadenko, a former Miss Latvia, to that year's pageant.
- Vietnam – Miss Sea 2007 as well as Miss Vietnam World 2007's second runner-up Đặng Minh Thu was named by Elite Vietnam as the country's candidate at Miss World 2007. Earlier offered Miss World's ticket to Miss World Vietnamese 2007 Ngô Phương Lan, who turned it down to focus on her studies in Switzerland.
- US Virgin Islands – Esonica Veira
- Barbados – Natalie Griffith
- British Virgin Islands – Leilani Stevens
- Chinese Taipei – Yen Chin Li
- Guernsey – Hannah McLaughlin
- Malawi – Peth Msinska
- Switzerland – Amanda Ammann (competed in Miss Universe 2008 and unplaced)
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Congo Republic – Pupuce Ngalla Ibata, national director of Miss Congo (COMICO) affirmed that Congo will not take part in Miss World 2007. The reason being that Miss World Organization never replied to their application for the franchise. However, she will try to get the franchise next year.
- Congo DR
- Liberia – The Miss Liberia 2007/2008 is scheduled for 23 November 2007, just one week before the Miss World 2007 finals takes place.
- Saint Lucia – Yasmin Walcott, national director of Miss Saint Lucia World, informed that the island won't be represented in Miss World 2007.
- Sint Maarten – Fabiana Arnell, national director of Sint Maarten Queen's competition has informed that reports about Shanyra Richardson's participation in Miss World are not true, but she is interested in taking part in future Miss World competitions.
- Eimer, David (1 December 2007). "China wins Miss World 2007 title". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Local woman wins Miss World 2007". BBC NEWS. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- Simi John. "Miss World 2014: Beauty contest winners of last ten years". International Business Times UK. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- 106 'light the passion' for the Olympic Games