Miss World 2013
|Miss World 2013|
Miss World 2013
|Date||28 September 2013|
|Venue||Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center, South Kuta, Bali, Indonesia|
|Winner||Megan Young |
Miss World 2013, the 63rd edition of the Miss World pageant, was held on 28 September 2013 at Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center Bali, Indonesia. 127 contestants from all over the world competed for the crown making the biggest turnout in the pageant's history. Yu Wenxia of China PR crowned her successor Megan Young of the Philippines at the end of the event. This is the first time that the Philippines won the title of Miss World.
|Miss World 2013|
§ People's Choice winner
Continental Queens of Beauty
127 delegates competed.
The judges for Miss World 2013 were:
- Julia Morley – Chairman of the Miss World Organization
- Donna Derby
- Derek Wheeler
- Mike Dixon – Musical director
- Andrew Minarik
- Vineet Jain
- Azra Akın – Miss World 2002 from Turkey
- Maurice Montgomery Haughton-James
- Ken Warwick
- Liliana Tanoesoedibjo – Owner and National Director of Miss Indonesia.
- Liestyana Irman Gusman
- Silvia Agung Laksono
- Coretta Kapoyos Bayuseno
- Chinese Taipei - The Miss Taiwan organisation decided to change their name at Miss World to Chinese Taipei. After they last use Chinese Taipei on Miss World 2008.
Did not compete
Note: These countries were to debut or return at Miss World, but did not compete.
- Last competed in 1975:
- Last competed in 1978:
- Last competed in 1988:
- Last competed in 2001:
- Last competed in 2005:
- Last competed in 2008:
- Last competed in 2010:
- Last competed in 2011:
- Belarus – Maryia Vialichka was appointed to represent Belarus, after no national pageant was held because the Miss Belarus pageant is a bi-annual event. It was last time held in 2012. Maria won the title of Miss Charity at the Miss Belarus 2012 pageant.
- British Virgin Islands – Kirtis Kassandra Malone was appointed as Miss World British Virgin Islands 2013. The Miss World British Virgin Islands Committee acquired the franchise license from the Miss World organisation this year.
- Cyprus – Kristy Marie Agapiou was appointed to represent Cyprus, she was the 1st runner-up at the Star Cyprus 2011 pageant.
- Guyana – Ruqayyah Boyer was appointed Miss Guyana 2013 after Natasha Martindale became the new national director in Guyana.
- Iceland – Sigríður Dagbjört Ásgeirsdóttir was appointed to represent Iceland, she was the 2nd runner-up at the Ungfrú Island 2011 pageant.
- Kazakhstan – Aynur Toleuova was appointed to represent Kazakhstan. She was previously Miss Kazakhstan 2011.
- Korea – Park Min-ji was appointed to represent Korea. She was the 2nd runner-up at the Miss World Korea 2011 pageant.
- Mongolia – Pagmadulam Sukhbaatar was appointed as Miss World Mongolia 2013 after a casting call took place.
- Nicaragua – Luz Decena was appointed as Miss Mundo Nicaragua 2013 by Denis Davila, national director of Miss World in Nicaragua.
- Norway – Alexandra Backström was appointed as Miss World Norway 2013 after a casting call took place.
- St. Kitts & Nevis – Trevicia Adams was appointed as Miss World St. Kitts & Nevis 2013 by Eversley Liburd & Joan Millard, national directors of Miss World in St. Kitts & Nevis.
- United States – Olivia Jordan, a native of Tulsa, Oklahoma, was appointed to represent United States. She was the 1st runner-up at the Miss California USA 2013 pageant. Later competed at Miss USA 2015 as Miss Oklahoma USA and won the title and competed at Miss Universe 2015 and placed as 2nd runner-up.
- Vietnam – Thảo Lại Hương was appointed to represent Vietnam. The permission was granted by the Ministry of Culture of Vietnam, which authorises the international representation of the nation in events of any kind. Thảo was crowned Miss Sport Vietnam 2012.
- Zambia – Christine Mwaaba was appointed to represent Zambia, she was the 2nd runner-up at the Miss Zambia 2010 pageant.
- Hong Kong – The reigning Miss Hong Kong Carat Cheung was replaced by her 1st runner-up Jacqueline Wong due to being over-age.
- Serbia – Nikolina Bojić was replaced by Aleksandra Doknić the 1st runner-up of Miss Serbia 2012, after being withdrawn because of her marriage to Canadian tennis player Frank Dancevic.
After protests from hard-line Islamic extremism groups threatened to force the pageant out of Indonesia, the national government announced that the finals would be moved from a venue near the capital city, to a venue on the predominantly Hindu island of Bali. Furthermore, Miss World Organization Chairperson Julia Morley replaced the "Beach Fashion" bikini swimsuit event, with a "Balinese Beach Fabric" sarong cloth event.
- Edwin Toledo. "- Miss World 2015 - Miss Universe 2015: Miss World 2013 - News from Romania". The Times of Beauty.
- Edwin Toledo. "- Miss World 2015 - Miss Universe 2015: Miss World Norway 2013". The Times of Beauty.
- Edwin Toledo. "- Miss World 2015 - Miss Universe 2015: Miss World St. Kitts and Nevis 2013". The Times of Beauty.
- Angela Dewan (8 September 2013). "Indonesia Moves Miss World Final to Bali After Protests". The Jakarta Globe. BeritaSatu Media Holdings. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- Sanskrity Sanha (5 September 2013). "Miss World 2013: Contestants Won't Wear Bikini for Beach Beauty Contest". International Business Times. Retrieved 25 September 2014.