Mission Ridge Ski Area
|Mission Ridge Ski Area|
Chair 4 (left) at Mission Ridge Ski Area
|Location||Chelan County, Washington|
|Nearest city||Wenatchee: 12 miles (20 km)|
|Vertical||2,250 feet (686 m)|
|Top elevation||6,820 feet (2,079 m)|
|Base elevation||4,570 feet (1,393 m)|
|Skiable area||2,000 acres (8.1 km2)|
60% more difficult
30% most difficult
|Lift system||4 chairlifts|
|Lift capacity||4,910 / hr|
|Snowfall||200 inches (16.7 ft; 5.1 m)|
|Night skiing||4 - 9 pm|
Mission Ridge Ski Area is a ski area in the western United States, located near Wenatchee, Washington. On the leeward east slope of the Cascade Range, its base elevation is at 4,570 feet (1,393 m) above sea level with the peak at 6,820 feet (2,079 m). Mission Ridge receives an average snowfall of 200 inches (16.7 ft; 5.1 m) per year, with over 300 sunny days, and its slopes face primarily northeast.
Mission Ridge has 6 lifts providing access to 2,000 acres (8.1 km2) of terrain:
- 1 High speed detachable quad, installed in the summer of 2005 
- 3 fixed grip double chairlifts
- 2 rope tows
The Hampton Lodge at the base of the mountain includes a restaurant, bar, shop, and rental center. Additionally, facilities in the base area include lesson centers, a childcare center, and first aid operations.
The name "Mission Ridge" was selected in June 1964, and it began operations 53 years ago in the fall of 1966 with two chairlifts in the Squilchuck Basin, where a Walla Walla-based B-24 Liberator bomber crashed on September 30, 1944. A wing section of the plane was removed from the mountain and taken down to the lodge in 1985; it was hauled back up the mountain in October 1992, mounted above "Bomber Bowl."
- Pratt, Christine (July 11, 2005). "Quad lift at Mission Ridge is a go for this winter". Ellensburg Daily Record. (Wenatchee World). p. 2.
- "Mission Ridge to add lights, snowmaking". Ellensburg Daily Record. May 24, 1978. p. 14.
- "Promote Mission Ridge". Ellensburg Daily Record. June 12, 1964. p. 6.
- "Mission Ridge plans expansion". Spokane Daily Chronicle. UPI. March 14, 1967. p. 17.
- "Bomber crashes near Wenatchee". Ellensburg Daily Record. Associated Press. October 2, 1944. p. 1.
- "Snow comes". Ellensburg Daily Record. Associated Press. November 13, 1992. p. 13.
- Halstead, Jeff (February 6, 1987). "Ski Mission Ridge and have it all". Spokesman-Review. p. 12, Weekend.