Mississippi Delta (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mississippi Delta may refer to:
- Mississippi Delta, a distinct cultural area in northwest Mississippi state; part of the Mississippi embayment
- Mississippi Delta AVA [not outlined on the inset map], an American Viticultural Area including portions of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Tennessee
- Mississippi River Delta, most of the southern half of the state of Louisiana, whose land was enriched over the centuries by sediment deposits in the floodplain of the Mississippi River. NOTE: The linked article defines an area which is at least slightly smaller; the southwestern edge is in Vermilion Parish, whereas the inset map here extends it to the Texas border.
- Mississippi Alluvial Plain, the entire alluvial plain of the Mississippi River, from the river mouth to southern Illinois
- Mississippi embayment, the upper two-thirds of the Mississippi Alluvial Plain, between central Louisiana and southern Illinois
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mississippi Delta.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.