Mississippi Valley Mayhem
|Metro area||La Crosse, WI|
|Venue||Green Island Ice Arena|
The Mayhem was founded in August 2008 by two local women, Amanda Boucher and Stephanie Powers, after Boucher encountered the sport on a visit to Austin, Texas. By May 2009, the league had twenty skaters, and had played two bouts to around 200 fans.
The league was accepted into the Women's Flat Track Derby Association Apprentice Program in January 2010, and it graduated to full membership in December 2012. In May 2011, one of its practice venues, the Green Island Ice Arena, was severely damaged by a tornado.
- Jo Anne Killeen, "Roller derby making a comeback", La Crosse Tribune, August 7, 2008
- Jo Anne Killeen, "Women's roller derby debuts at OmniCenter", La Crosse Tribune, May 28, 2009
- "Apprentice Leagues", WFTDA [version of 23 March 2010]
- "WFTDA Welcomes 14 New Members Archived 2012-12-06 at the Wayback Machine.", 3 December 2012
- "Tornado damages La Crosse roller derby arena", Associated Press, May 23, 2011