Missouri Wing Civil Air Patrol
The Missouri Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, the United States Air Force Auxiliary
|United States Air Force|
|Commander||Colonel John O'Neill|
|Vice Commander||Lt Col Steve Aubuchon|
|Statistics as of 2016|
The Missouri Wing of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the highest echelon of Civil Air Patrol in the state of Missouri. Missouri Wing headquarters are located in Whiteman Air Force Base. The Missouri Wing consists of over 1,000 cadet and adult members at over 28 locations across the state of Missouri.
The Missouri Wing performs the three missions of the Civil Air Patrol: providing emergency services; offering cadet programs for youth; and providing aerospace education for Civil Air Patrol members and the general public.
The Civil Air Patrol performs search and rescue missions, directed by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center at Tyndall Air Force Base. The Civil Air Patrol provides air and ground transportation and an extensive communications network during disaster relief efforts, and conducts aerial photography of damaged areas after natural disasters. The CAP provides Air Force support, including light transport, communications support, and low-altitude route survey. The CAP also provides assistance in counter-drug operations.
The Civil Air Patrol provides a program for cadets aged 12 to 21, which is conducted as a 16-step program including aerospace education, leadership training, physical fitness and moral leadership.
The Civil Air Patrol offers aerospace education for CAP members and the general public by providing training to CAP cadets, and offering workshops for youth throughout the nation through schools and public aviation events.
|MO999||Missouri State Legislative Squadron||Fenton|
|Group 1||MO023||Harry S. Truman Composite Squadron||Independence|
|MO036||Pony Express Composite Squadron||Saint Joseph|
|MO126||Lee Summit Composite Squadron||Lee Summit|
|MO129||Kansas City-Charles R. Long Senior Squadron||Parkville|
|MO140||Platte Valley Composite Squadron||St. Peters|
|MO149||Cass County Composite Squadron||Harrisonville|
|MO159||Grain Valley Composite Squadron||Grain Valley|
|MO161||Excelsior Springs Composite Squadron||Excelsior Springs|
|Group 2||MO005||St. Louis Composite Squadron 1||Imperial|
|MO040||St. Charles Composite Squadron 1||St. Peters|
|MO084||River City Composite Squadron||Pevely|
|MO089||Northeast Missouri Composite Squadron||Hannibal|
|MO110||Wentzville Composite Squadron||Wentzville|
|MO111||Gateway Senior Squadron||House Springs|
|MO115||Mid Rivers Senior Flight||Saint Louis|
|MO127||Trail of Tears Composite Squadron||Jackson|
|MO144||Pegasus Composite Squadron||Saint Peters|
|MO151||Bootheel Composite Flight||Malden|
|Group 3||MO009||Sedalia Composite Squadron||Sedalia|
|MO018||Central Missouri Composite Squadron||Columbia|
|MO117||Saline County Composite Squadron||Marshall|
|MO119||119th East Central Composite Squadron||Saint Clair|
|MO160||Lake Ozark Regional Composite Squadron||Eldon|
|Group 5||MO070||Springfield Regional Composite Squadron||Springfield|
|MO143||Col Travis Hoover Composite Squadron||Joplin|
|MO147||Table Rock Lake Composite Squadron||Kimberling City|
|MO155||Laclede County Composite Squadron||Lebanon|
|MO153||Fort Leonard Wood Composite Squadron||Fort Leonard Wood|
Members of the Civil Air Patrol who are employed by the state of Missouri, or who work for a company with fifty or more employees, are guaranteed under Missouri law a leave of absence in order to respond to emergency missions as a part of the Civil Air Patrol for up to fifteen days per calendar year, or without regard to the length of time when responding to a state or nationally declared emergency in the state of Missouri. The leave is to be granted without loss of time, pay, regular leave, impairment of efficiency rating or of any other rights or benefits to which such an employee would otherwise be entitled.
- "eServices, National Headquarters". Civil Air Patrol., login required
- "Missouri Wing Public Affairs Plan" (PDF). Capmembers.com. 12 March 2011. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- "2014 Statistics" (PDF). Capmembers.com. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- "Emergency Services". Missouri Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- "Cadet Programs". Missouri Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- "Aerospace Education". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- "Squadrons". Missouri Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol Unit Directory" (PDF). Gocivilairpatrol.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 August 2015. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- "41.1000. Civil air patrol, members who are state employees, leave to be granted — members generally, not subject to discharge from employment due to membership". Missouri General Assembly. Retrieved 20 October 2017.